Monday, September 17, 2007

Steps to the Altar quilt


Steps to the Altar quilt
Originally uploaded by swim notes

I think this is how I will use a lot of the scraps that I got from Finn, mixed in with my Y2K charms...
This is a 2 block quilt essentially, both of which are 7 x 7 squares. One is scrappy - the other has the "Altar." I would probably keep the black (or switch it to white - you know me & that Kona snow.) and use yellow with blue (an old tried and true combo. for me.)

Don't anyone start holding their breath on when this might be completed...

Photo from American Patchwork & Quilting, August 2002. Photo posted by "somone else" on Flickr.

3 comments:

calamitykim said...

I love the zipper quilt! You have a very nice quiltie blog! I am getting ready to quilt the Halloween Challenge Doll quilt for the Group at Flickr. Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Shelina said...

This is a beautiful quilt - a nice way to use up charms. I think you should make it. As quick as you are, by the time you start, you'll be done!

Celia Lemonik said...

I love the subtlety of this quilt and the way you used charms to make the background and contrasting square. The black yellow and green really hold their own against the profusion of subdued colors. It manages to be easy on the eyes and arresting at the same time