Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My first doll quilt circa 2004 - it was a gift


My first doll quilt circa 2004
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Quite a few people (on the blog and in real life) have asked me what I am going to do with all of those doll quilts...

Well I have a plan to do a wall/hall of quilts. I love variety in style, color, size, construction methods, etc.

This one would be my first doll quilt. It was given to me as a gift back in 2004. I like the Monet feel of this bargello quilt. I also still like the way the tops and bottoms of the strips are longer that the parts in the middle more traditional bargello area.

Reminds me of a quilt that I saw in a museum once - the quilt was bed size - the tops and bottoms on the bargello were all plain muslin and long - like a couple of feet long, so that the twisty bargello in the middle was a lot like a cloud in a field of blue sky. (No photo taking was aloud - if I even had my camera to take the picture...)

5 comments:

Shelina said...

Oooh I just love the colors on this one. I hadn't thought of it as a bargello. I'm definitely going to have to make something like that. I too want a wall of doll quilts - I guess I need to actually make some of those huh?

Andrea said...

Lovely little quilt - just my sort of colours too. I just made a small quilt and I too like the idea of a whole wall of them. My teenage daughter will call me sad but that's nothing new.

meggie said...

What a sweet little quilt that is! Lucky you.

JoAnna said...

That is a really great quilt. It's so neat to have something so small but striking. Your quilt wall is going to rock.

Kathie said...

Ooh, nice!