Monday, September 17, 2007

Maybe Sour really begets sour....

Even so...
After reading Angela's post, I feel the urge to whinge too.

So my mini-group (not a guild - I thought about that after reading Judy's post.) meets in the back of a LQS (one of the "members" is very friendly with the owner.) once a month to sew & eat. No politics, no projects, etc. But that is not what I am whinging about today...

I have finally decided not to spend my quilting dollars at that location...

Apparently the owning half that was in the store - does not realize that the idea of haveing a quilt store is to sell fabric...

I have a coupon for "X" off of one instock item.

I was going to get a bolt of Kona Snow - but alas there were only 3 partial bolts of Kona Snow.
(Being a business owner, would you rather sell 9 or 16 yards?)
I asked if I could combine the bolts to get to the full bolt size... It's not my fault that they had 3 partial bolts of the SAME thing...

I was told, "No." The coupon says 1 thing... Kona Snow is 1 thing, is it not?

So I passed up the opportunity to buy a new book, thread, 16 yards of Kona Snow, and a couple 1 yard pieces of some other fabrics...

& I have decided that is a quilt store rich area that I do not need to spend my dollars there... I mean seriously, I was shopping for Kona Snow - you can get that almost ANYWHERE!

Now to figure out what to do with my full punch card (worth $10 - whoopdeedo - they have a better deal at my "favorite" LQS anyway) and that "X" coupon - no need to let it go to waste, someone else can use it. I'll have to ask next month if anyone has a big yardage purchase planned.

Sorry to whinge, but I do feel better. :o)

I am taking my GF to the store where Toni works on Friday... she has never been there & depending on the time, she will then take me to a shop near her that I have never been to. :o)

4 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

Our area is 'quilt store rich' too. Although the stores are ~25 miles apart. There are some stores I just don't go to because of the customer service (or lack of). And there is one store that I have to keep my mouth shut because, boy, if you ask if they carry XXX then the next thing you know you're getting a phone call saying XXX is in and is waiting for you at the cash register. Wait!! I didn't order XXX did I? After having that happen to me a couple of times, I keep my mouth shut. Very hard.

Libby said...

I, too, happen to live in a Quilt Shop Rich Area (QSRA) Sadly - the shop closest to me (mere minutes from my house) is one that I will never shop in again. It's the type of store in which they like to follow you around . . . I got over that. What broke the camel's back was when I was told to come back another time to purchase the thread I NEEDED to finish a project. Why? Because they chose to use a portion of their retail space as a classroom and the owner felt I was disturbing the learning by asking an employee in another area of the store to quietly step in, pick up the desired thread and allow me to purchase. Nope - I'm not that desperate to spend my money.

atet said...

Ooops - sorry, didn't mean to beget sour, but as I'm also in a quilt shop rich area, you know where I stand on this one!

Shelina said...

Some people just don't know how to think. Maybe she didn't know how to ring it up on the machine and didn't want to get embarassed. Did she offer to order a bolt of Kona Snow for you?