Monday, September 17, 2007

In the mean time

I posted earlier about some new fabrics. (Ones that I had to get online because these are nto to be found in my locale... At least I haven't found them yet, locally.)

I have been making more "decisions" regarding some of these prints... I got some Natures Pallette fabrics to go with the Heather Ross prints.

'quilt

Excepting the two light pinks & the purple, I will be using these as the centers of the blocks in the quilt called "What a Bunch of Squares" by Denyse Schmidt. (Luckily those templates fit on legal size paper, so that I did not have to deal with Kinko's again...) Pattern in her book, Quilts. (If you do the search inside thing & look at the back flap - it is the quilt on which the author is seated.)
But you can see it in other variations here and here. Take a look at this one on abmatic/k. Do you see how her exterior portions have yellows mixed in with her blues? I plan on mixing in the prints above with yellows. Using the dark natures pallette fabrics for the centers. Here is a Denyse Schmidt Flickr group with a few of these quilts as well as other projects from her book & projects using her fabrics. (But my idea is most inline with the one on abmatic/k and the ones on the Denyse Schmidt website, since she uses more that one ornagely yellow & I have 4 or 5 pulled to try out, so I will definately use more than one...)

3 comments:

Gail said...

I like that squares quilt- in all of its variations. I'll be eager to see what you do with it.

atet said...

Oooh -- I like that one. I've been thinking of trying my hand at something similar -- though not using the templates. Hmmm...can't wait to see how this one shapes up for you!

Clare said...

Oh I love it! Looking forward to watch this one as it progresses. I saw the cat in pose mode in the photo on abmatic's blog