Monday, September 03, 2007

cat charm quilt 2


cat charm quilt 2
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Here it is in all of its 103 inch square glory...

On saturday M. & I went to the You pick farm again (After a jaunt to the bicycle shop and Patches Quilting) & got a lot of berries, apples and cucumbers.

When we got home, I made a honey apple cake - dry run before the holiday - to make sure that it turns out o.k., a blackberry crisp, 3 pints or refrigerator raspberry jelly, and 8 pints of refrigerator pickles.

Yesterday I chose a Kona cotton to go with my Bleeker Street collection to make an Atkinson Designs quilt - not take two & add a few, even though I bought that booklet at patches. I think it will be neat, but very unexpected. (Thanks everyone who helped with choosing a color that would be unexpected.) I think I chose Rian's color choice. (sorry no hyperlinks - I am blogging from flickr) I auditioned everything from monochromatic to orange to tomato to berry....

9 comments:

Fiona said...

Excellent - I like the orange setting triangles.

Quilting Pirate said...

the quilt looks wonderful! It's going to be awsome once it's quilted!

We keep missing each other at Patches!!

Libby said...

Looks great . . . you've got an amazing collection.

susan said...

Love the cat charm quilt! If I remember correctly, you said that for a charm quilt every piece had to be from different fabric? Amazing! And they are all cat fabrics? Incredible!

It looks like you had a productive weekend!

Jeanne said...

I love all the fruit/vegetable action! How did your cake turn out?
Jeanne

swooze said...

Wow! Really nice!

Holly said...

I LOVE it! and I love the browns and such in your current quilt! Eye candy.

Morah said...

uhg! Testing your honey cake reminds me that I need to make a zillion challah. I don't eat bread but love to give away. I really like like your charm quilt.

Studio Christine said...

LOVE the cat charm quilt

How many and what sized charms?