Friday, September 14, 2007

1 for 1 doll quilt swap


1 for 1 doll quilt swap
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

This is my answer to, "Do you really cut up fabric just to sew it back together?" Not only do I do that, I cut it up again! I also like the juxtaposition of the rounded shapes with the straight grids. I sent this quilt to Martha (sorry no hyper links I am blogging from Flickr) in a 1 for 1 swap. She signed up for the Pinwheels BOM after I did, so I knew that she would like the taupes. She also has an artistic leaning, so I let my inner artist out. (this one also has an Asian cat fabric on the back.)

Answer to a question about this quilt - the circles in the background are part of the fabric. I quilted it in horizontal lines to emphasize the horizon. (I forgot to mention that I called this Taupe Boulders on the beach. Martha lives near the beach...)

8 comments:

Shelina said...

Amy I love the idea of cutting up blocks just to piece them together. IT's quilting magnified! Pretty circles. The fabric is great.

Libby said...

Why not? It's a great idea and I love the result.

Kay said...

That looks great. I've done the cut up blocks trick too, and I think the results are interesting

Gail said...

I like the way you made circles from the 'grids', it really works well. Love the taupes, too.

cher said...

very creative Amy...I really like this little quilt

The Army of Four said...

That is gorgeous! Are the circles on the background a design in the fabric or are they quilted? It's hard to tell in the picture!

andsewitis Holly said...

What a great idea. I had never thought of cutting blocks to piece again. I'll have to try that. Love the little quilt.

woof nanny said...

I love this! The circular theme really appeals to me. Have you ever done Seminole quilting? That's all about stitching together, cutting apart, and restitching.