Friday, August 03, 2007

Geometry


Picture 036
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

By: Vickie Nunez of Drexel Hill, PA.

I am still thinking about this quilt...

After the show here is what I wrote:
"I am still not 100% sure what it is about this quilt that I like so much... I never would have though to put Jewel box with winding ways, but I love how that was done here - especially how they transition was handled."

My feelings haven't changed.

I also love the colors - how the jewel boxes are scrappier that the 2 fabric winding ways blocks...

The simple quilting was nice too.

3 comments:

Tracey said...

That's so COOL! I would never in a million years have thought to do something like that...but it works so well.

Great find! Thanks for sharing!!

paula, the quilter said...

This quilt was at the Manucuso Denver show. I took a pic of it also and it is now part of a screensaver on my computer at work. There is something about it: maybe the juxtaposition of the curves with the geometric?

Miriam said...

i love hearing the internal dialogue of other quilters. by the way, which quilt shop in brooklyn were you refering to? is there a new one i should know about?