Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Figures

One more example of how I am such a dandylion!

1. I got the Hancocks of Paducah catalog & drooled while my cats napped on my lap. :o)
2. I decided to look at my Bleeker Street bundle & compare it to what HoP has available - when did I become so damn matchy-matchy - that used to be a bad word in my quilting...
3. Took Aviary back to the cutting table with the pattern (so that I could use the scraps for something else - yes, I am THAT bad.)
4. decided to look for the sewing machine attachment that allows you to sew a nice circle.
5. Granted I know that I never got around to putting that away where it belongs - but I could nto find the "where it belongs" bag to make sure... when I found the bag, it was not in there. Luckily I found my charms while looking for the attachment - they were kind of where they belong... I finally found the attachment & sewed some charms to the fusible interfacing last night - correctly no less - HAPPY! HAPPY!
6. Since I took so long finding the attachment, I never got around to checking the Bleeker Street.
7. I never got around to cutting thr Aviary - because I had to sew the other charms first anyway...
(the last three items are what "figures.")
8. I am so glad that the HoP catalog was not my first exposure to Joel Dewberry - the pictures do not do it justice....
9. I really really want the brown/orange Aviary collection...

5 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

Dandelion or not, look at how much you did and enjoyed the doing! Sounds like you got full dollar's worth... :-)

goneaussiequilter said...

Can you describe about the sewing machine attachment that allows you to sew in a circle? I haven't heard of it and it sounds interesting.
I love those HOP catalogs too!!

Juliann in WA said...

I really need to look for those Joel Dewbery fabrics. They are really unique.

meggie said...

Sounds like you had fun, anyway!

paula, the quilter said...

Amy, you need to go to this blog: http://quiltingpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/08/early-birthday-presents.html
she got the cutest tea set for her birthday and I immediately thought of you!