Monday, August 27, 2007

cat charm quilt - complete top (well how much you can see on my living room floor)


cat charm quilt - complete top (well how much you can see on my living room floor)
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

I still have not trimmed it or measured it, but it is a top! I hope to photograph it in a hill, so that you can see the whole thing, but we were busy & it rained this past weekend.

How were we busy? Well on Saturday, we went to a "U Pick" farm and picked raspberries, black berries, and blue berries. We were at the very end of the blue berries, but we had a nice time out in nature...

On Sunday, we went to the State fair (I forgot my camera, but I got photos at our county fair - & my husband thought that was better anyway...) We also visited with my grandmother. & ran errands...

After the fair and a grocery run, I made a mixed berry crisp with our "U Pick" bounty. In the "store" for those who don't want to pick their own & as a cooperative agreement with other farms to sell their goods, we got some nice veggies, so I am going to make Libby's tomato pie tonight...

While the crisp was baking, I was able to cut some more interfacing and charms for my circles quilt... :o)

Shelina had a thought provoking post this morning (when I read it) on "being poor." (sorry I am blogging from Flickr, so I can't hyperlink.) but my little addition to the discussion...
I bought 4 cases of Coca-Cola at the grocery store at $19.96 - (I am not sure if anyone pays full price, but that is what it would be) I paid $3.96. They were on sale $2.50 each & I had a $1.50 coupon off of each. No sales tax on soda in DC. Does that make me look/act/feel poor? I don't care, I can but a couple yards of fabric with the money I saved, not to mention the saving at buying Coca-Cola for under ten cents each verses seventy-five cents if you are lucky out of a vending machine. (Yes, we drink a lot of soda....)

11 comments:

Libby said...

Those co-op shops are such a great way to get a fresh variety of foods. We used to belong to a farm co-op - we picked up a box of fresh vegetables every week . . . never knew what we would get but it was always yummy *s*

Laurie Ann said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I am loving your cat charm quilt. Good job!!

Fiona said...

Great charm quilt - bright and busy - my favourite kind of quilt.

Nicole and Phil said...

It has been ages since I dropped in to see you! Your quilts (as usual) are gorgeous....I will get back into my sewing next week!
Enjoy!

Deb R said...

That quilt top is beautiful! I love the orange edges.

atet said...

Wow -- look at all of those cat prints! It's looking wonderful. Love the Halloween quilts you've been working on too. I actually love Halloween (though the scary bits, um, that's dependent) and have tons of fabrics -- but not sure what I'm going to do with them!

mamaspark said...

Love the charm quilt. It is always a good feeling to get something on sale, you go girl!!

Quilting Pirate said...

WOW...let me say again WOW!!!! You whipped this out in NO TIME FLAT!! It looks wonderful! I bet you are very excited!!

Norma said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!1 I love it! I can't believe you actually cut into those cat fabrics! *LOL*

Ruth's Place said...

Bit behind with my blog reading - internet keeps dropping out...

But wanted to say the charm quilt is stunning!

I wouldn't say buying things on special is being/acting poor, it's being wise with your money. Why pay full price when you can get a discount and use the extra money on stuff you actually want...

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

It's pretty spectacular. It looks like it will be pretty big too.