Monday, July 09, 2007

One at a time...

Once Upon a Time, pattern by Ringle & Kerr in their book Modern Quilt Workshop. (Totally inspirational - 1 book that I would recommend.) & when I was working on Plain Spoken, I e-mailed a question & got an answer... YAY!
The top:
once upon a time
The back:
quilt back without label (my friend machine embroidered a label, that I attached after taking this photograph.)
The quilting:
quilting It is a dragonfly - there are two dragon fly prints on the quilt. I have no idea why I had (have) 2 dragon fly prints (I may actually have 3), but I do...
So the quilt is called Once Upon a Time, because you tell stories by following the lines... There are intentional dead ends - so that the stories can end... Quietly tell the story at nap time, more animated, "Can you find ____" at play time....
Here is my story:
Once upon a time ago there was a lady from
Australia
She taught English as a Second language in a
school house
in
Africa.
We met on the (big bad) internet
e-mail
I found out that the lady likes to
book
a lot while drinking
coffee & cat
or
knitting cat
with her cat.
(Yes, The Calico Cat included cat prints)
The End.
Would you like to visit the Lady's blog: Go here: Ruth's Place.
(No she has not had the baby yet...)

14 comments:

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

I love your Once Upon a Time quilt, a cute different idea than the I-Spy quilts.

Ruth's Place said...

And she is thrilled with the quilt!

Libby said...

What a fun quilt!

Shelina said...

What a pretty quilt - I love the fabric you chose for the alternate squares. I think I should have taken closeup pictures of my novelty prints too! I just loved your story - I wanted to know more!

Doodlebug Gail said...

LOVE IT!!!! Absolutely amazing Amy - what a great gift.

paula, the quilter said...

Such a fun quilt for a child. Way to go Amy!

Fiona said...

How excellent - just the sort of thing that kids love and never tire of.

Samantha said...

What a fabulous gift! I love it!

Karen said...

Ohhhhhh I love the knitting cat soooooo much. Your swap quilt is really nice.

Mamma C said...

Very nice! I've wanted to make a Once Upon a Time quilt since I got the book. I am slowly (very, very slowly) collecting fabrics for it. Not easy since I don't like novelty prints.

You did a great job!

Carrie
http://www.queenoframbles.com/quilting

Sweet P said...

Your Once Upon a TIme quilt is adorable. I have that book and I love it. It is truly an inspirational book.

Greenmare said...

This is such a cute quilt! I love the story idea~
what size are your blocks?

Granny Fran said...

Love the quilt; and thanks for the intro to Ruth; she is a doll!

atet said...

I LOVE this quilt -- one of the quilts from that book I've been fascinted by. Hmmmnn.