Monday, July 02, 2007

mail

Oh postal delivery system, why do you vex me so?

What do I mean?

Last week on like Monday I sent a package via first class mail that should have arrived on Thursday or Friday... Did it? Apparently not.

I also sent a package to a foreign land complete with tracking (not that I remembered to keep the receipt - the mail is supposed to work, I should not have to track it, ahem.) and it should arrive today or tomorrow.

Hopefully one of my packages will arrive to its destination soon.

In the mean time, since I am abstaining from blogging, I am apparently also abstaining from quilting... All I have done so far is pull some fabric for a new project... (I should take a picture of my fabric bundle, huh?)

What have I been doing instead?

My husband & I were tourists in our own town. :o)

We rode our bicycles on the C&O canal tow path. (We also rode on the canal barge.) I have lots of photographs - on my camera...

I start yet another class tonight - this one is sure to kill me based on the reading list alone... 5 weeks - 2 days per week, 4 text books and excerpts/articles numbering the multiple 100's of pages... AYE! AYE! AYE!

Happy quilting and exercizing - I'll keep the bah humbug on studying to myself.

14 comments:

sophie said...

Amy, I am sympathetic. Today I received a package that was mailed (from the Netherlands) exactly EIGHT WEEKS ago. Both the sender and I had given it up as lost ... and here it is.

martha said...

Sorry about your packages! If you need to vent just holler. well be here.

Karen said...

Hi, Amy! Sorry about the class, too bad it isn't a class where you study quilting. Miss your posts! (very cool about bicycling the towpath, though, how I love a towpath, especially around the Balto-Wash area)

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

What do they say? A watched pot never boils, but I am a Post Man stalker a lot of the time, so I understand!

Shelina said...

Muuahaha, that means that my quilt retrieval system is working. It was a doll quilt you were sending, wasn't it? LOL
I think you are doing great with the school work.
Being a tourist in your own town is wonderful. So many times we drive far away to see something when the real fun is in our own back yard.

Jules said...

Yes, the reading list alone would be enough to think about dropping the class! When I started my class, they gave us a hefty notebook and two textbooks. Thank goodness we were required to do practically nothing. I am beginning to think that they just allow anyone in Georgia to become a teacher...

mamaspark said...

I really miss your posts! I feel your pain about the system. My package should have arrived to it's person yesterday, but so far, nothing. Patience is a virtue, huh?

meggie said...

Good luck with it all then!

Libby said...

I hope that it's interesting reading at least - will make it much easier to digest all that information *s*

atet said...

Those intersession classes are killers. You can do it, but you won't be doing much else! Hang in there!

Marisa said...

Happy touristing! Sounds like a worth while activity. We should all do more of that in our own towns. I'll be doing a bit with some visitors in the next couple of weeks I think.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Maybe the packages and the passports are all clogged up somewhere together. (I know many folks who are hunting passports through every channel available, with no luck...)Best wishes with the USPS and your class.

Ruth's Place said...

We won't mention the Christmas card I sent from South Africa to Australia Dec 12, 2006 that arrived in June 07, or that fact that parcels from the States have taken 5 1/2 months to reach me. I think mail issues are global. Mind you others have only taken 10 days so who knows how it works.

Sending sympathy about your huge reading list too...

Wendy said...

The mail is so inconsistent, I mailed a package from Canada on a Friday and it arrived in USA on Monday, that was the fastest I've ever seen.
Enjoy being a tourist around home!