Monday, July 23, 2007

Joel Dewberry, Hershey, HP, My cat, & Quilting

Have you been to GoneAussieQuilting ? Did you see what She just got? Joel Dewberry fabric... I just got some too & I got some of the Aviary collection too. (My LQS got an "intersting" assortment to say the least...) I hope to get some more in Hershey.

I think I know how I will use mine... I got a (New to me at least) Atkinson Designs book, Happy Hour. I can kind of see fussy cut birds in the smaller rectangles....

Not sure yet.

Hershey - NEXT SUNDAY!

HP - as in Harry Potter, not Hewlett Packard (In case anyone was questioning) Am I the only one who is not "into" Harry Potter? I just don't get it. I think I saw the first 3 movies... (I also never got into Star Wars - I have not seen any of those movies - just bits & pieces when they are on TV) I never even halfway considered reading any of them... (Even before I had 4000 terribly boring pages to read for my class that last for 6 weeks.)

My cat - I wish I remembered my camera & that I would be downloading photographs...
RB the mighty hunter (He brings me his sparkly ball & catnip carrot, so he is a hunter!) spotted a squirrel! RB was inside while the squirrel was outside... So I cracked the sliding glass door - expecting the squirrel to vamoose... he didn't so RB stealthfully snuck up on him. I missed the actual encounter, but the squirrel ran off like he pants were on fire! The best part of the story - we had Part B! Only this time RB never snuck up on the squirrel, just stealthfully get into position... I got a photo of RB at the corner of the patio looking at the squirrel. :o) Rhapsody was nonplussed by the whole goings on...

I pieced on my Hop Skip & Jump - aka Flea Market Fancy a pattern by Denyse Schmidt. The quilt has 12 blocks, I cut out 7 freezer paper templates. I find it easier to cut the fabric out with the freezer paper templates attached that any other method. I then pressed some of them to the next round of fabric & started to trim them - my achey brakey hand.... OY! I want to do one more quilt using this pattern...

So I decided to rotary cut a Yellow Brick Road (An Atkinson Designs pattern) quilt using Halloween fabrics. (I am trying to use them up.)

& I did a bit of hand quilting on my Freshcut Courthouse steps quilt.

10 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Too funny, I'm always writing "HP (and not Hewlett Packard)" when I email my kids about Harry Potter. I never understood the attraction of the Lord of the Rings series -- couldn't finish the book, walked out of the movie -- but I am definitely a big Harry Potter fan.
Cheri

Libby said...

I've never seen a single Star Wars movie - I wear this like a true badge of honor. I did read the first Harry Potter book - good enough. But honestly 7 books and movies is just far too much. Another thing . . . people standing in line to buy the book is not news (just one among many pet peeves regarding news casts *s*)

Holly said...

I'm not into Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings... anything like that. I thought I was the only one but am glad to know someone else is out there, too. I'm not much of a SciFi person although I do like some of the Star Trek series.

Thanks for the lasagna recipe :)

Shelina said...

Wow, sounds like you have been busy with a lot of different quilts. I watched Harry Potter movies, but never got into the books. My sister was so excited to give Sushi a book, and neither one of us got into it. I didn't like Star Wars so much when it first came out - my brothers did though. I like it now. I haven't seen any Godfather movie, and just recently watched Gone With the Wind all the way through.

sophie said...

I've never read an HP either, but now that I know I won't have to wait for the next installment, I'm considering adding them to my summer reading list.

The Happy Hour pattern caught my eye at NQS last month; I think it's a perfect fit for those fabrics.

Mary said...

I like the Happy Hour pattern - is there anything else in the book that's interesting or just the one pattern?

Marisa said...

I'm a major Potter Head too, glad the new book is out and about.
That link to dewberry fabric - some very cool and pretty stuff there. I'm a huge sucker for birds. Thanks for the tip!!!

Yummers! said...

This is my first time reading your blog, so please forgive me for talking about a previous post. I absolutely love your story quilt idea where you follow the line and add on to the story. That is so clever. You are very creative. You should visit some 1st and 2nd grade classrooms and tell them all about it and follow the story line.
Joni

debby said...

please please please come and see me at Hershey! I'm demonstrating the HandiQuilter 16 at the Quilt Basket booth and would LOVE to meet you in person.

Helen in the UK said...

I'm not into Harry Potter either. Started watching the first movie when it came on TV - lost interest half way through. I'd rather be stitching :)