Monday, July 16, 2007

Is this the quilt?

Special thanks to Karen at sewprimitive quilter. She took my idea an ran with it right to her EQ. This is the "gist" of the quilt that I saw. Turns out that I don't know the name of the star block that I saw - I looked in Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of blocks, under Ohio Star & what I thought was na Ohio star was not there...

Any way the quilt is neat, right? I think the log cabin (it could also be a 9 patch keeping the red in the center with white all around) alternating block is so neat... Almost like faux sashing in an unususal setting...

No, I am not making this quilt... (Nor am I going to try to do the one that had the star points made out of quarter square triangles.) I can & do like several quilts without the desire/need to make them.

No comments: