Friday, July 27, 2007

IDEA (Do you see the lightbulb?)

Once upon a time ago, I had to have some of Denyse Schmidts new line of fabric Katie Jump Rope. Not available locally... I only wanted a "charm" or two... Not a fat quarter bundle. But it seems that charm packs are a Moda thing and Katie Jump Rope is Freespirit. (I was going to do the tumbler quilt that is shown...)

Susan came to my rescue (At her shop they are cutting charms)! & then they sat next to another "mod" collection of charms (Summer in the city).

I now will be turning them into circles and applying them to a chocolate background - with the circles lined up nice & touching. :o) (I might mix in some other fabrics - for a nice 10 x 10 layout of the circles - I have about 75 now...) Maybe some of that Joel Dewberry stuff?

6 comments:

goneaussiequilter said...

I have been waiting to see what you would do with Katie Jump Rope. I can't wait to see how it goes. I keep thinking about my fq bundle and what I will do with it. Such yummy fabric!

Susan said...

I wanna see! C'mon...work up a few blocks so I can see!

LOL!!!!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Sounds like a good idea. I have a heap of old-ish Amy Butler that I always think I'll combine with a dark coffee colour - it's on the list!

Shelina said...

I was wondering why it got brighter all of a sudden! I'm glad you were able to find charms. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Marisa said...

Ok, I gave up and bought some Joel Dewberry fabric yesterday due to your bad influence! Thanks though...I love it!

atet said...

Hmmn...can't wait to see how this one looks!