Friday, July 13, 2007

EQ

The one time I wish I had EQ. Last night while watching a bit of TV (when I should have been reading for my class...) I stopped at "If Walls Could Talk" an HGTV TV show...

Aside: I so do not care fo rall of those "sell this house" & "I want to buy a bouse" shows...
I so miss the crafty shows...

I saw on a bed an Ohio Star Quilt. I think the quilt was red & white - red stars white background. You know how the Ohio Star is a 9-patch block... O.K. take the center square measurement and for your alternating block make a log cabin/9-patch that has the red square in the center and is surrounded by the white... In essence, you have Ohio Star blocks next to "Ohios Star" blocks without the star points...

It looked cool, even if I am not describing it well...

8 comments:

Libby said...

I miss those shows, too. Our cable company saw fit to rearrange every channel in it's line up this week - only 1 channel remains where it was the night before *harrumph* The only good news is we now have DIY which does have some of the 'crafty' shows during the day. Since I can't find any other channel - I've spent a lot of time there *s*

Mary said...

The ONE time you wished you had EQ? I use mine every day. I even bought a second copy last week at Mom's because I was so frustrated with NOT having access to it when I'm visiting as I work up lots of patterns for her.

mamaspark said...

You just hurry on up and make that quilt, then post a picture of it and then publish the pattern so we can all copy it: )

Su Bee said...

So the alternate blocks are 9-patches made up of tiny log cabins? I have to get on EQ and try this.... sound terrific!

Rian said...

I miss the crafty shows, too. But I never turn on the TV (my husband does that), so I wouldn't know if there were any.

Even if I never make anything they show, it stimulates that portion of my brain.

Karen said...

Amy, I'm emailing you a picture of the quilt. You would adore EQ.

Gail said...

I'll have to wait until someone works this out, I'm not visualizing it, but I want to!

Shelina said...

I can't visualize it either. You've just going to have to make it for us so we know what you are talking about!