Monday, July 16, 2007

eating

If nothing else fails I can always eat - & it shows...
So i was finally able to try Libby's Tomato Pie - AWESOME! Only I decided to buy a frozen pie crust... I had to buy two crusts & they are not packaged in a manner conducive to refreezing - if that is even safe to begin with... So what to so with the other crust? Make an apple pie... Not as good as Libby's Tomato Pie, but it used the other pie shell, & it was rather soothing to peel, core & slice all of those apples.

I also got to try Deb's Guacamosalsa - Also Awesome! My first time using an avocado :o) She blogged the recipe a while ago - I can't find it to hyperlink to it - luckily Deb e-mailed it to me. It was a hit at sew-n-tell, my mini group. Hopefully it will be a winner at a pot luck BBQ that my husband & I are going to in a few weeks. :o)

8 comments:

Deb R said...

Yay, so glad you liked it!!

(I can't remember when I posted it, but if anyone wants the recipe - such as it is - they can go to my blog and put "guacamolsa" or "salsamole" in the search box and it'll pop up.)

Libby said...

So glad you liked the pie *s* I usually buy the pre-made crusts, too . . . we just have a second pie in a day or two *s*

Marisa said...

Salsa w/ Avo? That sounds awesome! Any hints for us on how to make it? Very cool idea.

JudyL said...

I love tomato pie! Gotta go find the recipe on Deb's site now.

Ruth's Place said...

I've never heard of tomato pie, and now I'm hungry!

Holly said...

I love tomato pie but it's much better with home made crust. The avocado salsa sounds great. We should make a rule that a person can't mention a dish without providing the recipe :)

Jeanne said...

The Tomato Pie is on my menu for tomorrow or Wednesday -- Dave's coming for supper, but I'm not sure yet which day ...
Jeanne :)

The Carolina Quilter said...

Make a quiche with the other pie crust--eggs, spinach, a little milk, cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Yum. I'm par excellence at eating, too!