Monday, July 09, 2007

Doll Quilt Swap II - the links

My Doll Quilt Swap II came from Becky at Quilts and Such.
Doll Quilt SWap II
As I mentioned before, I used to collect these Oriental prints & I still have a few UFO's to complete & A stash big enough to make several other things - like I thought I would make a jacket - so I have some BIG pieces... (Not something I can say for the most part... I like variety, so I buy lots of small pieces, not a few big pieces.) Now I kind of want ot work on this stuff again - egads - it is a wonder that I finish anything! I am such a dandylion!

My Quilt went to Erin at Art Momma.
DQSII
But I did finish this! You knew that The Calico Cat had to send a cat quilt, especially when she was told quilter's choice... :o) (Thankkfully I did not get Thimbleberries - nothing against them, I just don't own them... & I could not just buy 1 or 2...) I hand quilted it from the front and the back - on the front I kind of followed the wonky check, on the back I followed the wonky check as well - I did one line of in the ditch separating the body of the quilt from the border, mostly so that once I switched to the back, I would know where I needed to quilt...

10 comments:

Shelina said...

They are both great quilts. I really like the baskets. It will be a nice start to your doll quilt wall!

The Carolina Quilter said...

So cute. Love those little baskets.

meggie said...

Lovely little quilts. So glad all worked out with the post!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Precious little doll quilts, well done!

Jeanne said...

Terrific little doll quilts. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Ruth's Place said...

They are very cute!

Marisa said...

Wow, I'm not sure if it's better to give than receive, but either way, these 2 quilts are really sweet.

Susan said...

Two cute little quilts!

Patti said...

What wonderful little quilts - both the one you received and the one you made! Very clever use of your cat prints Amy!

Laura said...

I love both the quilts. You definately did good!