Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another tale from a self-confessed cat-fabric addict

So yesterday was the 4th of July - Happy belated Independence Day to those of you who celebrate it (Happy belated Canada Day while I am at it...) It sure felt like Saturday which made coming into the office especially hard this morning.

So my husband & I went out for brunch at IHOP - I love that they give you a couple of pancakes on the side :o) Next to my IHOP is Hancock's the chain fabric store. Since we had a wait, I perused... I found 7 new to me cat prints MEOW! (The quality is o.k., not the best, but not the worst either, I buy what I like, where I like.) On the way home, we stopped into the Joann's as well where I found several (20-ish) new to me cat prints as well. >^..^< I had not shopped in either store in a while.

We had pretty bad storms, but I was in studying, watching a movie - related to my class, and cutting some new cat fabrics for my cat charm quilt.

Total number of charms needed for my design = @1000
Total on hand before my S.E.X. yesterday = @960
Total on hand now = @980
All of this make Amy a happy gal. I only "need" 27 more cat charms :o) for my charm quilt.
(Thanks again to Patti & Evelyn who sent me fabric/cat charms - some of which were "needed" all of which were appreciated!)

Plan A had 25-patch blocks on point with 9-patches on the edges, so that the setting triangles would not be monsters & so that I could use more cat prints :o)

25 & 9 did not work out well together - so....

Plan B has 36-patches on point with the 9-patches - 36 (with 6 on a side) is double the 9 (with 3 on a side) so it works out much better.

So last night I sewed charms into pairs getting them ready to attach to my "25-patch blocks."

I also prepared my freezer paper templates for another quilt, but I did not have a staple puller, so I set that aside. (I staple 6 layers together, stapling the heck out of it and then cut 6 of each at once.)

10 comments:

Norma said...

I don't believe it! Are you actually cutting into all those wonderful cat fabrics?

Libby said...

Wow - you must have the most awesome collection of cat fabrics! Can't wait to see the quilt.

Quilting Pirate said...

very cool!! I might have some way older fabrics, how long have you been collecting? Can't wait to see this quilt done up!

swooze said...

How big are your charms? I have cat stuff I might be willing to donate to the cause! Email me please!

JudyL said...

You have to have more cat fabric than any quilter in the world.

Karen said...

Imagine your finding so many previously-unknown cat prints!! I envy you those pancakes. But you've been bicycling, you need your strength :-).

atet said...

Very cool -- can't wait to see the cat fabric collection!

Jeanne said...

Ha -- the world's most extensive collection of cat fabrics!!

The biking sounds like fun!

Jeanne

Ruth's Place said...

Can't wait to see the quilt.

mamaspark said...

I have quite a few cat fabrics. I could send you some if you tell me what size you need and email me your address.