Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Quilt Show goodness

Caveat - I was in a hurry, so I did not take the time to jot down makers names or titles...
winding ways Winding Ways
this block on flickr shows the border print better. I love that fabric...
yellow & brown stars I don't know why, but I really liked the turquoise & purples on the yellow/gold/brown background...
yellow courthouse steps Yellow Courthouse steps - this is the look I am going for with mine - which BTW will have the extra logs added...
weaver feaver Weaver Feaver - I got this pattern second hand a couple years ago - I have yet to make one - though I still love the pattern - I keep getting stumped on the color combination...
watercolor trip around the world in florals Trip Around the World
valentine Valentine Applique - I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but there are touches of lime green - not what I would intuitivly pick with this pallette, but it is very effective! (I have seen this as a BOM at big quilt shows, but I know it is tooooo much work for me.)
strips and curves Strips and curves. My friend has taught this at our LQS - I like it, but not enough to do it... Thise fabrics are great together, though. Don't you think? I think Sam has completed one of these...
stack-n-whack chickens Stack & whack Chickens - Hey, Norma - if you do this with one of your chicken prints, I'll do it with one of my cats... :o)
snowball quilt Blue & yellow Snowball quilt - B&Y has to be my favorite combination...
But on Flickr I saw this snowball quilt & am in LOVE!
shadows I got the book - but I doubt that I will use it...
screensavers A mini quilt, those are computers... The quilt is called Screensavers.
scrappy stars small Small stars...
scrappy stars large Big Stars. I think I took these two pictures, because they are similar but different - they were hand quilted...
scrappy stars Scrappy stars
scrappy square in square scrappy square in a square
scrappy log cabin Scrappy log cabin - also hand quilted.
scrappy lattice Lattices. I know I took this photo because of the cat fabrics... :o)

Well, that should be enough for now... Over all thoughts - a lot of hand quilting (nice) & I don't always remember why I took this or that photograph... Some I definately know why - so that is good too.

15 comments:

Shelina said...

These are all great quilts Amy, thanks for sharing them. I think when I go to the annual convention, and see their quilts, I get intimidated by the complicated design / quilting, etc. These look more doable, even though they are complicated too.

susan said...

Great pics! Inspiration to start something...

I like the screensavers, a tribute to blogger/quilters!

And the scrappy square in a square is nice and colorful.

Thanks for taking us along with you to the quilt show!

Jeanne said...

I like the snowballs -- both the blue and yellow, and the taupes!
Jeanne :)

Ruth's Place said...

Thanks for the show and tell! I love the first one.

Libby said...

Never get enough of quilt shows - so much inspiration and new ideas.

Mom2fur said...

Oh, wow, those are beautiful! I don't know which one I like best. I have such admiration for quilters. Much as I love to sew...I'm not so hot at straight lines and measuring, LOL!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the virtual quilt show! I really enjoyed it.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

The area you live in seems rich in quilt shows...lucky you! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Morah said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures. Makes ya feel like you're there.

Marisa said...

These quilts are very nice. Inspires me to show my quilts a bit more!

Norma said...

That chicken quilt is pretty wild with all those chicken parts spinning around! Do I hear a challenge? *LOL* You realize it would take quite a bit for me to part with that much chicken fabric at once! I think I need to take baby steps first!

Rhonda said...

Great pics! I'm inspired.

Patti said...

Marvelous quilts - this time lots of quilts that appeal to me. Thanks so much for sharing.

Marin said...

Quilt shows make me happy. I can't do the thing, but I sure like to look at the things when they're done. And so beautiful.

flippytale Quilter (Christine) said...

I love that top one with the lime square and the black sashing! What a fun idea for a scrappy! Thanks for sharing photos from the show!