Monday, June 11, 2007

My long weekend

I went to the quilt shop where the Quilting Pirate works - we did not meet, but I did meet the shop dog. On her blog, she posted these questions...

1. Do you collect Fat Quarters? Yes, & collect sounds so much nicer that hoarde...
2. How many Fat Quarters do you have? I don't even care to hazzard a guess - but I wish that quite a few of my cat fabrics were only fat quarters... So I could get MORE! & Spend less - even though you usually pay more for a fat quarter that a quarter yard...
3. Have you ever made a quilt just out of fat quarters? Who hasn't made a YBR to TT quilt... Not to mention that fact that I like nickles, scrappy, & charm quilts...
4. What color do you have the most fat quarters in? Taupe - not the color, the style of Oriental print. I wish these were sold as fat quarters more often... I had to get long quarters most recently - I could not justify 1/2 yards...
5. How often do you purchase fat quarters? I get them when the print I want is available as a fat quarter - fairly often... I love it when shops cut fat quarters :o)

The Maytag repair man - this may end up being a saga...
We called on Monday - we have a two oven range, the top oven is not heating to the temp. stated... (I had to use both and 350 was noticeably less hot in the top - so I broiled the fish instead.) They said, how about tomorrow - for having a repair man visit... We said, no Friday would be bettter. They (Maytag) said, O.k. Friday between 8 & 12. If you had that conversation, which Friday would you assume you had an appointment for? If you assumed the next Friday, you would be WRONG! SO I get to wait for him again this coming Friday... (I called the sub-contractor at abpout 11:30 - to get that information...)

Saturday I was in class all day & it wasn't that bad - Thankfully.

Sunday I went to a quilt show - you wanna see my pictures?

I'll post them later this afternoon & tomorrow.

5 comments:

Libby said...

I thought that Maytag repairman was supposed to be a lonely guy *s*

Mel said...

My Friday five is over here.

I don't know that I'd ever seen Quiltingpirate's Blogspot blog before - I've only interacted with her via Livejournal! Nice to know...

Quilting Pirate said...

Ahhhhhhh...you must have come in on Friday. Mr. Duffy had Saturday off :D

Did you like the shop? Was it over whelming?

And we will sell you anything as a FQ, even orientals - they have their own FQ table :D

Quilting Pirate said...

yes, we will cut anything into a FQ. You pick it from the shelf and we'll cut it for you. Next weekend is our FQ $1 sale, but during sales we don't cut FQ's.

I work this Friday!! Hope to see you!!

GRACE said...

no doubt there was a run on copy machines to fix at the last minute...LOL

cityquilter grace