Wednesday, June 13, 2007

more quilts

Jovial Quilts (have you been to her blog? - Go take a look. I'll be waiting.)
has just posed a lovely I Spy quilt (How many times have I mentioned I Spy quilts? Don't answer that, more are UFO's than FO's - It is too darn tempting to add to them or to swap out...)
& I saw not 1 but 2 (I think there were actually 4, but I only snapped 2) I Spy Quilts at the Annapolis Show.
I Spy 1 Love the blue & yellow...
I spy 1 close up Do you see that Kitty on red? I am 99.9% sure that she does not live in my collection :o( Forest Jane, do you see her? She is Siamese-y.
I SpyYellow again.
I Spy close up I did a hexagon and triangles I SPY once upon a time ago (pre-quilt photography) using paper piecing - A technique that in general I dispise, but for this it worked GREAT!

10 comments:

martha said...

Love the charms and The Storm at Sea quilts. Wouldn the sas look great in dawaibo?

Shelina said...

These are pretty I spys. I haven't done one in that setting, and don't think I'm up to all that fussy cutting, and then the triangles! They do look nice though. I like the comparisons between these two. The light blue stars stay in the background and don't look like stars, while the black show up as stars.

Laurie Ann said...

Thanks for sharing all those fun quilts from the show. Lots of inspiration!

Quilting Pirate said...

FUN! I love I Spy Quilts...and another new blog to read. I'm up to 30 now :D

atet said...

I've just been catching up on blog reading -- LOVE the quilts from the show, but I know the White Glover you are talking about. Weird thing is -- I've met more quilters who are in their 40's to 50's who have that attitude around here. Go figure.

I have to agree it can be hard to just shop the local shops. I try to do it. I do do a lot of it. But, as you say, they can't all carry your favorite new fabrics. And if it is something you REALLY want -- online seems to be the only way to go!

togbean said...

Crap. Now I need to make one of those too. Freakin' bloggers and our contagious craftiness.

(psst - its me, Chicken Betty over at wordpress. Togbean is my old Blogger account ;) )

Nancy said...

Thanks for posting all the quilt show pictures. It's hard for me to get around a show anymore so I have to live vicariously thru those of you who can.

Ruth's Place said...

Love the quilt show pictures. I haven't been to a quilt show since moving to RSA, so I'm living vicariously through your pictures.

ForestJane said...

I may just have to become a fabric designer and make a line of siamese stuff... lol

Thanks for continuing to look though!

jovaliquilts said...

Hey, thanks for the mention! How neat to see all those I Spy quilts. I have had such a blast choosing those fabrics, and boy did I learn a lot about piecing 6-pointed stars. :)
Cheri