Wednesday, June 06, 2007

more quilt show goodness

Same caveat about makers and titles...

Most (if not all) of these fit into the scrappy category - & I love my scrappy quilts!
scrappy interesting block layout Does anyone recognize this block? I think it is sewn with a partial seam... isn't the lime AWESOME!

scrappy braids Those are all bits of Pioneer braids... (I like pioneer braids as borders, hmmm, If I make a pink quilt and a blue quilt and a - you get the picture - I could make this up with the left overs... Don't worrk, there are too many other items on my to do & want to do lists!)

scrappy black & bright I think this is from Successful Scrap Quilts from Simple Rectangles by Judy Turner and Maragret Rolfe. I own the book & have a ton of blue & yellow rectangles waiting...

scrappy HSTs I need to remember HST's - I keep using just squares, but adding the diagonal seam adds "something"...

scrappy This is more like what I do... Sew a bunch of squares together... It's nice, no?

rings This quilt did not hang well (I did not look too closely - I was in a big hurry by this point in the show) but the design is striking...

ribbons I have this book. That quilt is just 9 patches and snowballs... (There are a lot of neat things that you can do with 9-patches and snowballs...)

rainbow charm Not quite a charm quilt, but could have been... It is also Jinny Beyer-ish...

neutral losenge quilt I am still not sure why I like this sooooo much, but I do.

reproduction There were at least 20 reproduction quilts (I think that may have to do with the location - Northern Virginia... We are in the heart of the Civil War zone & this show is held right down the road from Sully Plantation... Well, that was my excuse for embarking on a reproduction UFO or two/three/gasp four!) But that show is also close to the Udvar-Hazy Annex of the Smithsonian Museum of Air & Space....

reprduction 1

another reproduction

5 comments:

Quilt Pixie said...

I absolutely love the first pic in this post! What a wonderfully cheery quilt.

Shelina said...

Amy, you just made me add so many quilts to my to-do list. What, you don't think I have enough? LOL
I looked at a couple of closeups, and was already imagining making them.

Shellie said...

Amy, I was at the quilt show Saturday as well but I forgot to bring my camera. :( I was so happy to see pics of some of my favorites on your site. Any chance you got a pic of "Kitties in a garden maze" (brights on black background; center square surrounded by pointed rectangles and small diamonds)?

Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I did.

Shellie said...

Never mind. I just saw it in your first batch of pics, marked as Lattices.

Jeanne said...

Hawhawhaw -- "I need to remember HSTs"
But I just finished a triangley project and my next one is going to be lotsa straight lines!
Jeanne :)