Thursday, June 21, 2007

If Only

I had my camera or call phone video at the ready the other night...
You see, we had an 8 legged visitor.
My mighty hunter, saw it & was 100% completly enthralled.
The funny thing though = when he actually swatted at it, he shook his paw immediately to get it off! (not that he injured the creature at all...) He continued to stalk it for a few minutes more, but no more paw shakes...

On a quilty note, I attached 95% of my bindings on 2 doll quilts last night. I mitered incorrectly on the first one, but corrected it & did the second (swap version) correctly - I used my personal keeper as the guinea pig... Yes, I remembered to start in the middle of a side - I almost made the mistake of starting with the end of the binding on the corner...

Now for my GF to try to teach me how to "finish" the ends... I usually pay to have my Longarmers to attach the bindings...

Can I hand sew to the back the 3 other sides now before the ends are sewn together?

3 comments:

luv Abby said...

Hi Amy,
The recipe you mentioned on my blog sounds yum and right up my alley...I would love a copy...can you email it to me??
luv Abby

Shelina said...

Good for you for hand sewing your bindings down. Once you get it down, you will be doing all of your own!

Yes, you can sew some of the sides down, but you do want to leave enough room to sew those two pieces together. I would leave some space - beyond where you stopped sewing the binding, so it will be nice and flat when you are done.

Dordogne Clare said...

I love doing the bindings, but the bit I hate is trying to match the two ends up. Leah at http://leahsgarden.blogspot.com/ has got a good tutorial, but no matter how hard I try it still doesn't look right.