Sunday, June 03, 2007

freshcut courthouse steps

the body of my quilt is done. Only one glaring error -
when i did the math for the strip lengths i
miscalculated the last one...

i have the fabric to cut those strips, but the top
fits together with the rectangle blocks too. But the
top is not wide enough - my miscalculation equals
about 16 inches in width.
But i was thinking that i could also fix the mistake
by adding an white (the color/fabric of the center
squares) border and a piano key border - using my
mistake cuts... This would add about 12 inches making
the quilt wide enough...

any thoughts? (photos tomorrow)

4 comments:

quiltpixie said...

I'd do the piano key border idea as I like using the pieces which are already cut...

Patti said...

Have to wait for pictures - no ideas without pictures - I'm such a visual person!

Mel said...

Yeah, I'm having trouble "seeing" this too. I do like piano key borders in general, though.

Libby said...

I'm a photo girl, too. Be back tomorrow *s*