Thursday, June 07, 2007

Even More Quilt Show Goodness

Same Caveat, I was in a hurry & did not jot down makers names or quilt titles. I am probably about to exceed the legal limit for photos in one post, but tomorrow I get to wait around the house for the Maytag repair man - hopefully there aren't too many Xerox machines in line before me... & then I get to go to the motor vehicles to register my car & get a new license & then I will hopfully get to meet the Quiting Pirate at the LQS where she works (its new to me!) & then the bicycle shop - MIL is getting DH & I Bicycles for his birthday... I want a chainless bicycle & that Bicycle shop is one of the few resellers of it - so I am going there to check it out. So enjoy a 2 day's worth of a virtual quilt show in 1 post!
op art medalion Op Art?
nuts and bolts Susan do you recognize this?
mini Hawaiian  meas. about 9 inches meas. 9 inches square
log cabin variation log cabin variation
lattice There were quite a few non-Taupe Oriental quilts.
kimono quilt Kimonos
bargello Oriental Bargello - reminds me of my Trip Around the World...
Oriental leaves Oriental leaves - simple & effective...
Oriental hazy quilt Most of these are Oriental prints. I like everything about this one!
All Plaid All Plaids!
50th anniversary quilt This is a 50th Anniversary quilt. There are "calling cards" that friends signed... The appliques are quite different from each other, so they may have been gifts too...
Album quilt There were a few Album quilts, I took a photo of this one, because it only has 9 blocks... (I may not have to finish my last block after all...)
Art Neuveau Art Neuveau?
AustraliaAUSTRALIA! I own (or owned) several of these prints...Australia 2 I know I have some of this print left, but this specific part, I may have donated to a sew-n-tell gift quilt...
I don't have this, but I would like it...Australia 1 I actually had Billy Tea - with Lamingtons.
Buggy Barn cats Why did I cut out all 12 fat quarters? & What happened to her other cats - each cat used 3 fat quarters... - so 1 set would make 3 cats...
Denyse Schmidt inspired DS fabrics Very Mod quilt that used Denyse Schmidt fabrics...
Shakespeare in the Park Judy Martin pattern Evelyn, does this put you in the mood to do another?
I heart cats Yes, those are cats & Yes, I think I have them all...
another black & white Do you like Black & white? Then this would have been the show for you! QU is made up of several Bees - their Bees are bigger than some guilds... One of the Bees had a black & white and 1 color chjallenge - this was not part of that, but those are about to follow. (I love the border onthis one - too bad I only got a fat quarter of that print...)
black & whiteAlso not part of the Challenge, but effective nonetheless - & reminscent of a few of my tops...
These are from the Challenge:
black & white & blue light blue
black & white & pink pink
black & white & yellow yellow
black & white and turquoise turquoise
these are not part of the challenge, but use the black & white very well... (I have a nice stash of black & white & am inspired)
black cats Cats
black-n-white-n-bright brights
Another bee challenge was circles - I think they had to use a specific Kaffe Fassett print too...
circle quilt
circle quilt 1
circle quilt 2
circles
circles close up close up so you can see the hand work - I think they were all done by hand...
See what I mean about the Kaffe Print?
dolphins Dolphins - also done by hand
folk art Something Folky for several of you folk Enthusiasts - Patti, Jeanne, Karen...
gradiation Graditation - again I love everything about this...
gradiated stars Perfect - reminds me that I need to finish mine...
green leaves SPRING!

23 comments:

mamaspark said...

These are awsome. I love the BB cats. I have done them but not finished it. I liked the black cats and the dolphins too. Actually I liked most of these. Thanks for sharing!!

Darcie said...

What a quilt show! Love the black and white quilts...especially the one with blue. And the circles! Oh, I love circles! Thank you, thank you!!!

Mama Koch said...

Quite a show...lots of inspiration. I KNEW you'd find a cat quilt somewhere!

thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Beautiful quilt show! I love the quilts all made of circles, using Kaffe Fassett fabrics.
Good luck with the bicycle shopping.

paula, the quilter said...

Thanks for the quilt show, Amy. I especially like the dolphin one.

McIrish Annie said...

Thanks for the show and some inspiration! I know I haven't commented in a while but I have been keeping up through bloglines.

I see you have been very busy! Like the doll quilts, almost signed up for the swap but then I smacked my own hand! LOL way too much going on right now!

Hope the hubby and kitties are all well!!

Jeanne said...

Love the virtual quilt show! Keep them coming.

Quilting Pirate said...

Just breath taking! How did you manage to take soo many pictures? I was told it was frowned on during this show?! I don't understand the logic of no pictures imho...how else can we enjoy the quilts?! :D

GRACE said...

amy, gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing, looks like it was a terrific show, many styles/types represented in usual and different ways, always interesting that way

cityquilter

Rian said...

WOW!! I was gonna say I liked that op art one but then the K Fassett ones jumped off the screen! Lovely, thanks for sharing.

Norma said...

I think I could be persuaded to cut up some of my chicken fabrics to make one of those lattice quilts (the one on point)! What about you with your cats?

Jeanne said...

Oooh, some nice ones here! I'm running out the door -- will come back and browse later.
Jeanne :)

Happy Zombie said...

Thank you for the show! Wonderful!!!!

Natalie said...

Wow! Wow! I am book marking your blog, so I always having quilting inspiration at the tip of my fingers. Thank you for sharing.

Samantha said...

thanks for sharing, amy!

jovaliquilts said...

Oh, how nice to see a quilt show! They were all interesting, but I especially like the dophin one. The ocean and sky are just amazing! Thanks so much for posting these.
Cheri

Rebecca said...

Oooo! A quilt show! I would love to be able to go to a real one. I would just spend hours. Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Sarah Jayne said...

What a great set of photos from the quilt show. I've put some on my site too but haven't had as many comments as you about them. I think it's really great to look atb what other people make and to see how themes (b&w) are tackled. I love the circles - it's the type of quilt I've made but really want to try it again. Thanks for sharing them with us all.

Laurie said...

awesome quilt show amy! thanks for sharing!
laurie

Jeanne said...

The Folkart is nice, but my votes here go to the RWB log cabin and the all-plaid stars :)
Those black cats with the moon are cute!
Jeanne

Kay said...

A wonderful quilt show. Lots of ideas here. And I like the fact that you didn't take notes; I never do, and am ashamed of myself when I read blogs of people who are so thorough.

Marisa said...

Wow, these really are very pretty. Thanks for all the applique pix.

Ruth's Place said...

Wow!! Those quilts are amazing.