Monday, June 18, 2007

Doll Quilt Swap II almost done...

Well, I started out using one one those charm packs & was completely not happy with my result... It is a medalion that starts out with 16 broken dishes blocks that measure about 2 inches each... I probably should have bitten the bullet & made more & just had a broken dishes quilt... But alas, I had also cut the charms to make 4 patches (also small) thinking border... & the broken dishes were/are tedious especially that small... (but they are as close to perfect as I can muster...)

So I went back to plan sub-A & hand quilted 3 doll quilts this weekend...
Here are your sneak peaks (it is supposed to be a suprise - I'll unveil the top when it arrives at its destination):
quilting Cross hatch in peach thread - Heather Ross print for the back.
quilting green Same Heather Ross print (That will also be the back for my courthouse steps quilt - the 2 browns go well together.) green thread - barn raising quilting?

FYI I love Heather Ross's new prints as well. Click on the hyper link to see them.
quilting red quilting...
hand quiting evidence My under hand - owie! I apparently need to build up some calluses.
RAK 1 part of my RAK form Evelyn AKA Starfishy in Canada. Thanks again.
& if that was not enough, she also sent these:
RAK 2 Yes some of them are new to me & I only had a tiny bit from trading for my first cat charm quilt.
Norma, found my latest inspiration piece from QNM online - so you can see it too! I have more than enough for all but the border...
My husband & I got bicycles on Friday. :o)
We rode them on Saturday :o( It is official, I am out of shape. Apparently, there has been a disconnect between my mind & body on that subject...
We rode again on Sunday & we went swimming/Aqua jogging on Saturday & Sunday as well.

I hope everyone else had productive weekends!

9 comments:

Libby said...

I can't wait to see the full reveal - the hand quilting looks great. Sorry for your poor fingers. I've got a good callous going right now . . . better not let it fade away *s*

susan said...

You got a lot done this weekend! Are you sore and tired from all the activity? How does the 'chainless' bike do? Do you go back to work on Mondays to catch up on your rest?

I watched my family shoot the rapids this weekend - they had a blast, and I had a blast watching them, just knowing I didn't have to get wet.

Andi said...

I love the Heather Ross print you used on the back! Hand-quilting AND exercise?!? Two things I generally avoid, LOL.

Lisa K. said...

EEks! Your fingers! Now I'm even more afraid to hand-quilt.

But your sneak peeks look wonderful.

meggie said...

Nice loot!!

Shelina said...

I look forward to seeing the reveal of your doll quilts. I hope that your liquid bandage works well for your finger.

Good for you for getting bikes. Seems like you did a bunch of good physical activity this weekend. Keep up the good work!

sophie said...

I received my swap partner info today. I'm so excited! My co-workers cannot believe I will be making a whole quilt for a stranger ... then I mentioned that some swappers (like you) are HAND quilting ;-)

I'm already looking forward to the reveal.

Karen said...

Ouch, Amy, your poor finger. Can't wait to see your doll swap quilt.

Patti said...

I am so far behind in my blog reading - over 3500 messages - that I have 45 of yours to read! This message is the beginning of those 45. I'm eager to see what you've been up to! I loved that taupe quilt when I saw it on the cover of the QNM - a perfect quilt for you to make with any taupe scraps you have.