Monday, June 11, 2007

Do you like Applique?

Do you like Baltimore Album applique? Then this was the show for you. I am going to share 3 quilts by one lady. Her technical skill can rival any "professional" appliquer out there! (I stated "technical" which in no way is mean to detract from her color choice, quilting, etc. Her quilts are great all around.) All of her quilts are wall size... those stems may be a 1/4 inch in width...

BAQ type
BAQ type block

BAQ
BAQ basket
BAQ birds
BAQ with penny for scale

BAQ 1
Other applique quilts...
folk album This one is about twin bed size.
china I know the pattern designer for this quilt.
water fowl I used that Water fabric in a quilt...
This guild had a "fan" challenge...
Here are a few from that group.
part of fan challenge
part of fan challenge - winner
And one that was not finished in time for the challenge, but in my opinion, the best one in that theme.
fans I count 5 fans, how many to you count?

8 comments:

Vicky aka stichr said...

I vote for the Fan's Fan! I love "play on words" things.

Libby said...

I see 4 but I can make a case for 5 *s*

Judy H. said...

I would argue 6--the four obvious, the hat (sign of a 'fan' of a team, but also could be used to fan yourself), and the fan-shaped cloth. :)

Shelina said...

More eye candy. Thanks Amy! Wow, that fans one is great. I've always wanted to make a bookshelf quilt. This one will definitely bring anything I do to shame.

paula, the quilter said...

Wow, thanks Amy. I adore applique (but you couldn't tell it by how much of it I do).

Libby said...

Wow! I love applique, but I don't think I like it enough to do something that amazing. Wow, again...

Marisa said...

Stunning. As you know, I'm a MAJOR applique nut, so all these albums make my mouth water. So beautiful. I really need to finish off my album quilt!!!

Deborah said...

Love the last fan quilt, too. And I love applique. They are beautiful.