Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Clarification (more quilt show photos at the end)

The shops that I mentioned yesterday are not all close - 3 (one that I did not mention at all) are... The others are up to 2 hours away... (there are still others in that 2 hour radius that I do not visit...) I am also about 3 hours from Lancaster County, Pa. home to a multitude of quilt shops... Z&S has an online shop that I know several of you have used or at leasr perused...

& I am grateful for the local shops & I try to support my local shops as much as my budget can allow...

I know narrow-minded Thirtysomethings... & I know that there are avant garde 60 & 70 somthings out there in the quilting world - Freddy Moran, off the top of my head...

My file came back to me soon after my post, so the afternoon time killer worked!

Wanna see what I "expected" to see at the Annapolis show?
storm at sea mariners compass Storm at Sea with Mariners Compass
storm at sea boat Storm at Sea with applique
blue crab Blue crab
You see, Annapolis is a "Water" oriented town - home of the U.S. Naval Academy & all... & Maryland is known for crabs... There are some places where crab houses are more prevalent than McDonalds! (I used that analogy, because there are some places with a McDonalds on every block!) So I always expect to see watery/crabby quilts... :o)

3 comments:

Libby said...

Seems like every region has it's 'standards' *s*

Shelina said...

I made a storm at sea as my first quilt, and have always wanted to make another one now that I know how to make a quilt.

meggie said...

I have always wanted to make a storm at Sea too. I love the crab quilt!