Wednesday, June 06, 2007

2 days 2 quilt tops

Once upon a time ago, there was a photo in a magazine that showed a wall decorated with a collection of antique doll quilts.

I loved the idea from the second that I saw the photo.

I purchased many fat quarter quilt patterns (not that I can find a URL to link to...) the ones that have 9 or 12 patterns that can be backed with a fat quarter - arranged thematically 30's, batiks, etc. I have yet to use any of those patterns...

A blogger found out that she was expecting a girl (in about a week) and decided to decorate with doll quilts...

I think that started the rage.

There has been a Doll Quilt Swap (It is not to late to sign up for Doll Quilt swap II. I've got what is supposed to be a button on my side bar - it says Doll Quilt Swap button - I think) Whip-Up chatted about it, Purl Bee blogged about it too... So it is HOT! (or at least they are hot within a specific sub-set of quilters/crafters)

In addition to my Doll Quilt Swap quilts (I swapped 2, made 5 the first go round), I am Doll Quilt Crazy & since I am supposed to be writing a paper, up to a quick challenge:
red & aqua Red & Aqua - Using my cat prints! I was going to do a charm quilt with a dozed red &/or aqua cat prints, but I decided to do something different. My next one may use Half Square Triangles. (refer to the a.m. post comment about how I think they are so effective & maybe I should use them...)

I also like to use my scraps - so here is another:
freshcut Freshcut charms - 36 of my 39 freshcut fabrics. Each one is different even though many are similar.

Curious about the post title? I pieced the freshcut charm quilt Monday night & I pieced the red & aqua top on Tuesday night... Should I go for another tonight? Probably not, I plan to sandwich these quilts tonight.

9 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Precious little quilts, I love them!

Laura said...

I remember that picture in the magazine. You got me excited and I went over and signed up for the little doll quilt swap. It should be fun. And I don't know if I have said this before but you have a wonderful sense of color.

Fiona said...

I have signed up for the swap - I wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't posted about it first time round so thanks! I love those 2 dinky little quilts. I am too tired to even sew a doll quilt, roll on the weekend.

Shelina said...

Wow, I was going to say, two quilts in two days? You're trying to shame us all! These quiltletts are lovely. You shouldn't have told me the idea about decorating with doll quilts. I already got a book from the library that has lots of doll quilts...

meggie said...

Lovely quilts!
I have just had a feast for my eyes too, catching up on all the quilt show pics! Thanks for all those.

Samantha said...

I just joined round 2- the results of round 1 were so gorgeous. And I am pretty certain Hilary at Wee Wonderful did singlehandedly start this craze!

amandajean said...

love that fresh cut charm quilt! it's great.

atet said...

Oh, love your doll quilts and I've seen the blogger's wall you mentioned before -- has been inspiring me to try one of these. Hmmnn...

Ruth's Place said...

Love the little quilts, especially the second one! I'm enjoying your quilts from the quilt show too. I'm a little behind with my blog reading :)