Tuesday, May 01, 2007

so....

So I was on a mission to find and photograph those purple flower in trees. I am not convinced that they are Jacaranda & I wanted to photograph them so that someone in the know could say yay or nay. I saw them on the highway - not the best place to be taking photographs... I took the long way home - around the mall - nothing. I went for a walk, with my eyes in the sky. While I did not find the elusive tree in a photographable location (I'll try again tonight - I'll be on a less traveled road.) I did see more wildlife in suburbia.
Take a look:
heron A Heron!
heron The same Heron.
bunny A bunny.

When I got back home, I found:
sunbathing cats Sunbathing kitties.

14 comments:

Nancy said...

Lovely wildlife photos but my favorite is the sunbathing kitties. :-)

McIrish Annie said...

You missed your calling, these photos are great! and of course, love the kitties

mamaspark said...

The Heron is awsome!! I am trying to get a good pic of the baby birds in my ivy. Hope to have a picture soon, if it ever stops raining!!!

Libby said...

Lots of fun things to see - even if they aren't purple trees.

swooze said...

I am amazed at the wildlife you can find in suburbia. Raccoons, coyotes and possum to name a few! I need to take more pics!

Kay said...

I saw those purple trees last weekend when I was in the area and wondered about them also. I also wondered if they are the same purple tree that blooms in S. California about this time. Don't know what that is either, but I thought jacaranda. Or are they a kind of wisteria? Hope you get some answers.

Shelina said...

We have a bunny that visits our yard. Have to go to the park to see the herons though. Those are great photos.

Susan said...

Those are great heron pictures! Difficult to get pics like that, so you were lucky, and talented.

tut-tut said...

I love herons!

Thanks for your words at my blog.

Flippytale Quilter said...

Oh the critters! Everyone is so cute!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Pretty kitties.

Juliann in WA said...

love those heron pictures - there is one on the trail where we walk but I have never been able to get a picture of it

Marisa said...

LOVE the bunny!!!

susan said...

Great wildlife photos! There is life in DC after all! Have a great weekend.