I started working on Plain Spoken again.
225 of these blocks are now sewn into rows.
I'd like to share a secret about my method. For this sepcific quilt you see several different greens, peaches, and berries. It may not be as apparent, but there are also two different widths of rectangles. So I cut the two different width in strips for strip piecing. I should not have fat quartered my half yards first - but I did & it is working out fine - I just have scraps that I can not justify tossing... Then I sewed skinny to fat randomly, trying not to duplicate my strip sets or to create opposites. ( did not want light skinny peach with light fat green & then light skinny green with light fat peach - ya know what I mean? Then I sub cut. Then I stacked trying very hard to not have any like colors touching in the stack. If the first block was light peach and light green, the next block could not have either light peach or light green. So that when I got to the part that I did last night - sewing the blocks into rows - I would have the individual fabrics separated. I do have chunks of green, but not chunks of light green.
Now for the "design floor" portion of my method. I will layout 2 rows and try to make sure that the same skinnies or fatties are not next to each other - again greens can touch, I just do want light green to touch light green. I continue with that method until I have all of my rows in pairs of 2, then I try again making groups of four rows, etc.
So far using this method, I have been fairly successful.
I hope my morning ramble was at least entertaining... A peek into the mind of a crazy lady.