Thursday, May 17, 2007

Illness I tell ya... (Edited - new revelation!)

My husband was able to get a few Kaffe Fassett quilt books for me through Inter-Library Loan. (THANKS Again!)

I really liked one that was made with his "Shott" cottons. (Very simple gray background with colored appliqued circles. Not sure which book, I asked for him to get them all...)

The edited in part: I just made this comment on Laura's blog... "The Kaffe quilt that I described in my blog today, reminds me of raindrops - maybe that is why I want to make it - or is it the tear drops?"

The tear drops would fit my current mood... Would/Could a $100 worth of fabric cure my mood?

Too bad I did not know that before Lancaster...

WHY? You may ask...

Because Pinwheels has Shott cottons now, too... (I saw them & liked them - but I did not know what I would do with them, & I bought a lot of taupes...)

Now I want them... (Maybe the next time we go to NY, as the shop is not too far from my MIL's house. But we are also needing to go to City Quilter & Purl Fabric...)

But not like I "WANT" these Katie Jump Rope fabrics. Only I just want a charm of each... I love the sample quilt that they made for Quilt Market. (Too bad I can't find the blog/photo - but it was a charm quilt either 1000 pyramids or tumblers - it might have used the fabrics more than once... so it then would be charm style.)

Does anyone else have any deep dark secret wants... (When they already have a full load...)

(These are definately not "needs.")

Not long ago, I found gal in Japan who could find Fairy Tale fabrics - so we traded... (As a cat fabric collector, I could not pass them up...) I have since found an ebayer who has them...
I WANT Puss n Boots in the strongest sense of the term...
Also on ebay, I found a guy with "vintage" cottons - I want those cats too...

You know with either I'd be satisfied with a small charm (of each).

MEOW!

7 comments:

Libby said...

I try to not let those urges take me over. I see the pretty things and they are all I ever wanted . . . until I see the next pretty thing. For me it will usually pass. If not it leaves the 'illness' category and moves to the 'full-blown-obsession' category.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I seem to go in cycles - collect, collect, collect and buy... and then - use it, use it, use it... finish tons of stuff with no interest whatsoever in starting something new. So - maybe you are just in the collect part of the cycle - although you are doing an excellent job of using and finishing too! I figure - as long as what is coming IN equals about what is leaving the shelf - I'm good (although I would like to see a bit more leave the shelves!).

Cheers!

Evelyn

Ruth's Place said...

For a while I lived by the 'don't buy what I don't have an immediate use for' mantra. Then I started coming home from quilting guild meetings and telling my husband about the gorgeous fabric the vendor of the day had, and his response was always 'why didn't you get any' so now I buy what I like when I see it, but try to keep it under control. I'm helped of course by very, very limited access to quilting stores, and ebay isn't practical for me at the moment :)

Mel said...

Oh, gosh, well, start with the whole front half of the new Hancock's catalog - I am craving all that retro stuff. And I am trying not to buy fabric because at the rate I work, I probably have enough to last me the rest of my life as it is! It's hard.

atet said...

Um -- well, we'll start with more of the Heather Bailey fabrics. I'll take a FQ of the entire Chocolate Lollipop line. There are the new Denise Schmidts -- then there are the Heather Ross for Free Spirit banana seat bikes and VWs (had the banana bike as a kid -- really want the fabric), throw in some Amy Butlers...

hmmn...yeah, I know what you mean. I really need to get some finishes under my belt soon before I go off buying more fabric. Then again, I should have thought of that before going on the quilt shop hop today, and tomorrow, and maybe on Saturday too...

Vicky said...

I'm not a good I-Spyer. I had to really search for the kitty! I was in the quilt shop this morning and thought of you! I saw some kitty fabric! LOL

I go through cycles, too. I have to watch myself because I'm obviously a collector. If I see, for instance, a cherry fabric, I have to go on a search to find all of them. That's why I need an 18 bedroom house!

Patti said...

Oh, I love those Katie Jump Rope fabrics! I've been getting urges like this lately every time I see fabrics like this. I caved in only once so far - ordered a fat quarter set of RJR's Roaring 20's and Beyond - using part of my bonus money so I could call it a "gift".