Thursday, May 24, 2007

a finish (almost)

I finished piecing "not plain spoken" last night. (& I have a photo - just not the camera - with my other model.) YAY! In my book that is a "finish" because I hire out most of my quilting - this one may be small enough to get some MQ on my domestic sewing machine...

I also got some serious work done on a baby quilt. :o) I hope to get that done this weekend.

Speaking of weekend - any big plans out there for those of you with a 3-day weekend? I am going to visit & drop off some quilty DVDs with a friend who just had knee surgery. & I am going to pick up a bolt of Kona Snow @ 40% off! & I am going to visit another friend who just happens to have a Patrick Lose cats embroidery card - we are going to do a collaborative quilt! & of course the other necessary errand type stuff. - No mini-vacations here...

After I get the Kona Snow & I jumping into Freshcut!

8 comments:

Norma said...

Any chance there is redwork in your future with the purchase of that Kona Snow?

atet said...

Oooh, where do you find Kona snow for 40% off? Sounds like a fun weekend filled with projects you enjoy -- sounds like a vacation to me!

Gail said...

Sounds like you have a near perfect weekend planned.Enjoy!

Vicki W said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead! I decided to turn mine into a 4-dayer and hope to get lots of sewing done!

Libby said...

Sounds like a weekend with just the right mix of errands and fun *s*

mamaspark said...

An entire weekend to work on quilts...sounds like a vacation to me! I wish, but I have been putting off some house "stuff" that I really need to get right on, laugh. I need to finish weeding the garden, plant flowers, clean the garage etc. I have a lot of quilty stuff I would like to do but I just don't see that happening. Have a fun weekend!!!

paula, the quilter said...

I'll bite. What's the Kona Snow destined to be?

CasaDeCrafty said...

I'm with mamaspark, I've lots of stuff I've been putting off that can't be put off any longer or I'd do that. Have fun crafting, it sounds dreamy.