Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Courtshoue steps - a conceptual plan...

Last night, I drew out my courthouse steps quilt. I have 13 prints, so I drew a grid (9-patch) and placed an "X" in each square. I then placed the numbers in the triangles formed by the "X" in the square...

- this is conceptual - I turned the spreadsheet into a .pdf file, but I have no idea how to upload either of them here...

If that triangle was not on an edge (I ended up with 12 on the edge & 24 on the inside -paired to form the "lanterns.") the triangle next to it got the same number... I shuffled the numbers around & got a pleasing arrangement - most numbers are used 3 times total...

Hopefully I can get cutting & sewing this weekend - then again, since this is a short summer session, I need to write another paper (9-pages this time)... Tonight I am going to dinner with a friend & tomorrow is class again...

The neighbors babies are getting big! But new babies are hatching too... I saw a neat thing on Monday - 2 pairs of parents with 3 sizes of babies - Do they take anyones kids? Do the kids go with any parents? (Yes, I am referring to the geese...)

I forgot to mention that the kid quilts have been donated to the Children's Inn....

3 comments:

quiltpixie said...

good for you planning out the quilt top -- All too often I just want to get sewing and simply bypass this planning aspect. :-) Don't let it distract you too far from the school work....

Shelina said...

If there are 9 pages to the paper, does that mean we should be expecting 9 procrastinating quilts?

Yeah, this type of quilt does require a lot of planning beforehand.

Debra Spincic said...

Thank you for getting the quilts delivered. What was the reaction?