Tuesday, May 29, 2007

the cat is out of the bag...

I use quilting a delaying tactic.

I need to write a critical review essay of a scholarly article.

What did I do instead?

After purchasing, washing & pressing a bolt of Kona Snow on Saturday, I pieced these two quilt tops.

Freshcut & Pink & Brown squares.
frescut top
pink and brown top

I had a lot of help...
Rhapsody on freshcutRhapsody my Tonkinese cat on Freshcut.
RB on pink & Brown RB my Tonkinese cat on Pink & Brown.

What I saw in the stewdio:
RB & Rhapsody in UFO boxwhen I went in to cut some more Kona Snow.

I also worked on a couple doll quilts - one that used that last of my Plain Spoken solids and two that used left-overs from the gift quilt that I won't be showing here any time soon. :o)

Gift that I LOVE from Holly:
Kitty CapersNow I don't "have" to hand embroider and crayon a cat quilt... :o)

I wrote a rough draft of the essay long hand last night - now to type it & send it through the style writer.

14 comments:

Quilting Pirate said...

you have awsome helpers!! Then blend so well into the fabrics :D You were productive!

Gail said...

Such pretty helpers!

mamaspark said...

Love your new quilts. jealous as I did not get to do any quilting this weekend! That cat and mouse quilt is adodrable!!

Morah said...

Yuk! I'd quilt too if I had to write or rewiew anything that included the word scholarly! Love the tops. One of my fav. simple patterns.

Laurie Ann said...

Ahhh!! I remember when I was working on my degree and writing papers. I could find many ways to procrastinate! Even house cleaning! :)

Love the cat quilt that your friend made for you.

Dianne said...

Those quilts are gorgeous, Amy! A wonderful reminder of just how effective simplicity can be. And they're really tasty, too!

meggie said...

Lovely quilts, & beautiful helpers! I love the way they curl up together.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Very productive delay tactic! Looks great!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Shelina said...

Amy, your quilts are lovely. You are so productive getting both of htem done in one day, and planning yet another one. I say if procrastination works for you, why not.

Jodie said...

I really like your fresh cuts and pink & brown squares, what size are the squares?
Jodie

Happy Zombie said...

I love your charm quilts (and I'm a big fan of Kona Snow too!). I'm always trying to think of ways to use charms, and the hardest thing is to not want to cut them up!

I love how you did yours. Simple, elegant and showcases the charms! I love it!

amandajean said...

oh, I just saw these two quilt tops on flickr and I love them both. nice job on them.

Holly said...

You don't "have to" but you may still want to because it's fun. I remember the applique project you took to Australia with you.

ForestJane said...

As always, love the kitty pix! I'm still looking for fabric that only has the siamese on it. No luck so far!