Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What the heck have I been up to? (In photos) LONG - go get your coffee

doll quilt 2 Well I made 2 of these doll quilts (Pattern is in "Time Crunch Quilts", but it is "only" a 9-patch on point...) This one is for me...

doll quilt 1 Here is the other... with leftovers from my current project (After I cut the current project, but before I finished piecing it... Could spell problems, but I did it anyway!) This one is to swap or gift.

turquoise & Brown zipper in progress Here is the primary pattern for those Turquoise and brown fabrics a "Zipper" (Pattern in "The Modern Quilt Workbook") quilt! (I have sewn about 4 or 5 more rows since this photo was taken. I "should" have used a design wall, but...

Aside: I may have forgotten to mention that the design wall that I purchased came with the wrong size frame, so we are waiting on the correct size frame...

Do you see how the rows end with out "zipper" teeth? That means that I have little piles of small rectangles waiting to become = another doll quilt! :o)

doll quilt 3 I also made this doll quilt (this one is a gift or to swap) & rows for a second one (that one will be for me).... The small rectangles in this quilt are 1.5 x 2.5 inches (which also happens to be the size of the left over teeth from my zipper quilt, so there will also be a turquoise and brown in this pattern coming soon) Also after cutting, but before sewing this quilt:

helper kitty RB (My helper kitty, RB on the primary quilt blocks - he is such a big helper!)

star quilt without borders lap size Star Struck, a free pattern on Quiltville.com. I made pink stars, because I had more pinks... Probable not my best decision... I will add a brown border.

I still have a fat quarter of each of these prints as well as a stack of Nickel (That will go into a non- Nickel quilt - that is a pattern that is not in one of the Nickel quilts books.) trios. And some assorted "scraps."

Up Town without borders Up Town... I blogged about this a few times. I purchased the charm pack (Forty 5 inch squares) Forty is not a "good" number to just have as squares in a quilt... (long and skinny...) Besides I already had a fat quarter bundle... so on graph paper, I "drafted" something bigger... I ended up with 2 of my charms being framed, 2 of my fat quarters being cut into the equivalent of 4 charms together and 1 being cut into the equivalent of 6 charms together. So I was able to fussy cut the paint by number birds, nicely. (I am in the process of buying more of one of these prints to use as the border and more of the paint by number to use as the back.) This is the "After" shot, I only re-arranged, instead of re-sewing the part that I was less than satisfied with...

Seder Plate And a better shot of the Seder Plate quilt.

It really felt good to actually be sewing again! (Instead of just buying fabric or just talking about sewing...)

26 comments:

Kathy Wagner said...

Wow you have been very busy sewing away! I like all your projects, but really love the little 9 patch quilts...I've made a couple of those and think they are so cute!

Morah said...

Gee, you've been busy blogging. I was checking bloglines instead of your actual blog. It told me you hadn't been posting.....Dumb me for using bloglines!

Ruth's Place said...

I love everything you've shown here (how do you get so much done btw?) but especially starstruck! It's amazing.

Screen Door said...

I feel like I've been to a quilt show. Nice to see you with a needle in your hands...Good for you.

quiltpixie said...

boy I feel so lazy looking at how busy you've been! What size are your doll quilts? I think they're very cute, but don't know what I'd do with something small....

May Britt said...

How on earth do you find time to do all this????? Love the startruck pattern. Looks like your cat is having i good time on it.

Norma said...

Whew! You have been busy! I love the idea of using up even the smallest scraps--like those leftovers from your zipper quilt! Great inspiration, nothing goes to waste!

Kay said...

You have been busy. That zipper quilt looks very good in that color scheme; I have that book but haven't done anything with it.

Jeanne said...

Aha -- there's your Starstruck! Mine languishes ...

McIrish Annie said...

just got that Modern Quilt book. loved the zipper so I thought what the heck! Love how your zipper looks.

BTW, doll quilt offshoot is very dandylionish! LOL. I actually clicked the link and then slapped my own hand!

Nancy said...

Such productivity! Such gorgeousness! I'm dazzled . . . .

amandajean said...

I love your quilts! I have been wanting to try the zipper quilt, but I am a little chicken yet. I hear that you need to have exact seams. (not so much my style)

I love the star struck quilt in pink and browns...it's lovely. And what a nice thing to be able to make a doll quilt out of the remaining scraps. (I have the doll quilt obsession too!)

thanks for visiting my blog.

Jules said...

I have to say that 9 patch on point is one of my favorite quick quilts. I just love doing that and hand quilting in the setting blocks. That is my "Oh no, another person has breast cancer quilt". As always, I love seeing the quilts on your blog.

Jeanne said...

Thank you for the lovely quilt show!
My favorite is the pink Star Struck. I look forward to seeing that one with borders and quilting.

Fiona said...

Goodness, you're a one woman quilting machine! The doll quilts are very sweet, would have liked to have been in the swap but missed the deadline.

Happy Valley Quilter said...

You have been a busy girl. Thanks for sharing the pictures of all that you have accomplished.

Samantha said...

You have been crazy busy! Can't wait to see the zipper progress! And that uptown quilt looks great already!

meggie said...

A feast for the eyes to look at all your work! You have been very busy, & they are all lovely.

Holly said...

Amy, wow, you've been a busy gal. Everything looks beautiful. I really like Star Struck. Pink and brown look so nice together.

Karen said...

Hey, lots of projects, it's so good to see a group of doll quilts. And love that Uptown. And how could you do all of this without RB's capable help??

Greenmare said...

great quilts! I love the little 9 patch ones, and the kitty on the quilt is precious!!

Granny Fran said...

Can't begin to imagine how you sew those zipper quilt blocks together, but I love the look. Kitty knows which colors will look great with that scrumptious fur coat. I had to buy a pattern for a cat design small purse at the LQS yesterday. Crazy cat ladies need crazy cat purses, don't they?

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hmmm, nothing we need to tell Auntie tracey about all these doll quilts , is there! You have been very busy (sewing, I mean!) LOL, Tracey

Shelina said...

oh yeah? and what did you do AFTER lunch?

Hanne said...

You sure have been busy! I really like the Starstruck quilt in softer colours. Hmmm - new ideas - and so little time ;-)

vinita said...

Breast Cancer pink quilt
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer pink quilt at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer quilt