Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Stashbuster topics

1. favorite quilt shop... You know I agonized over this one FOREVER! I like several for different reasons...
IRL I like Capital Quilts in Gaithersburg, Maryland because they have the best buyer incentive program & their shop has everything from thimbleberries to batiks...
IRL I also like Seminole Sampler in Catonsville, Maryland because they primarily carr the bright stuff that I like & they carried a lot of the mass market taupes... (Their buyer incentive program - not so good.)
IRL I like G-Street fabrics in Rockville, Maryland, because it is close enough for me to walk to during my lunch hour... (& the prices keep me from buying! over $10 per yard of Dick & Jane, as an example)
On-line I like equilter - I can look & look at kitties all in one place!
On-line I also like meowscape.com (did they take over the catfabrics URL?)

2. Favorite quilting companion aka helper kitty - Do I really have to answer that one? I have two helper kitties, RB & Rhapsody. RB is the bigger helper... He will sit in my lap as I applique, he will sit on top of the sewing machine as I sew, he will rearrange blocks that I arrange on the floor, he will artfully display himself on my multitude of finished projects, etc. Rhapsody is just good support, she will sit next to me - when my lap is not still enough or when RB is being a holy terror, she will also hide in the stash closet when I am in the stewdio & she loves to help me browse through magazines and books.

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I have a canine companion/assitant. Looks like we both have plenty of help. I am into stash-busting this year... big time! It's simply become a matter of necessity.

Marisa said...

Thanks for the cool tips on the quilt shops. Not sure when I'll be in that area of the country next, but will keep in mind the good advise!!

mamaspark said...

I will have to think about favorite shops and get back to you. I have 5 kitties so they all "help" in their various ways! Have you used the quilter's travel companion book? We did a long trip out west (14 states) and we stopped at a lot of shops. So many that my family groaned every time I took the book out to see if there was a shop wherever we were, but it was a blast!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Dick and Jane is around $24 here!!!