Monday, April 30, 2007

quilty stuff...

Am I the only person who will choose to do 2 twin sized quilts (similar but different) instead of 1 queen, becasue you can use more novlety prints in the 2 smaller quilts that in the 1 big quilt? That is my story for my Nickel I Spy & for my Modern Workbook Once Upon a Time quilts.

Oh & why is it that when I am cutting for a gift quilt, I cut for me & for my cat charm quilt(s)?

I guess you can see that I cut I Spy's this weekend...

I also finished one last doll quilt - for the swap, not LAST by any stretch. They are very addictive. Maybe I have enough done of X,Y, & Z projects to just turn them into doll quilts & be doen with them...
I did a cat charm quilt that is "big" enough, but I was so not happy with it as a something to swap... Since the gal I am sending my quilt to has a small daughter, I sent the big enough cat charm quilt and the quilt that I liked as something to swap. I hope she likes at least one of them! (I forgot to take a photograph of the cat charm quilt...) The swap mistress said that my small one would be o.k. (the sizes were so that no one got a postcard or that no one slaved over something too big) but...

And they will both be in the mail tomorrow... They are enveloped and addressed & at home - not the office.

1 comment:

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

I think that two twin size quilts is a good alternative to one queen/king size, too. It allows me to have more fun with the design and the quilting. I still haven't figured out quite how to make it work on the bed, though...