Tuesday, April 10, 2007

pondering

I want to make a quilt that has 1 background, 1 accent, and novelties. In theory the background would be a non-directional tone on tone...

I apparently do not have "big" pieces of fabric... (or they are not tone on tone)

Do you think a mono-chromatic scrappy background would work?

I want this to be a gift, so I don't want, "What was she thinking?" or "One background would have been so much better."

I want one for myself too - should I try out the scrappy background on myself to see how it works or not?

2 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

Yes, monochromatic scrappy is always better than one fabric! My 'Poetry in Motion' background is on the verge of monochromatic. Go for it!

Lisa D. said...

I always prefer scrappy with many background fabrics. I think it gives the quilt more visual interest. Plus, it's great for stashbusting!