Friday, April 13, 2007

Plain Spoken

Many of you may remember this bundle of fabric:
serendipity fabric
They are still destined to become a Plain Spoken quilt. (One with prints - apparently!)

So I am going to go with the majority and just use the solids on the plain spoken that I blogged about yesterday. The first comment made complete sense to me - it is the serenity of the solids that I am drawn to... I have 3 yards of each of the others for the back, so the back will combine some of each print and then one of the prints - probably the rectangles (maybe the small circles) will be the binding.

Since I shared that old bundle of fabric up there, take a look at these taken at about the same time:
paint by numberbrown and turquoise fabric
Those are both WIPS now, not just bundles of fabric! And, yes, it feels great to be able to say that! (I blogged the pink and brown selection too, but that must have been pre-flickr...)

8 comments:

paula, the quilter said...

Lately, I really like the teal and brown for some reason. I just stitched up a tote bag that uses that combo.

Rian said...

Those fabrics (top photo) will be fabulous in that plain spoken quilt. The stripes will add a lot of pizzazz!

Maggi said...

Amy, you sure are making some lovely quilts! I love the colors and pattern of that Zipper quilt. I'm thinking of trying the one with the floating triangles from the MQW book. But, first, my swap doll quilt ~

Shelina said...

Smart idea to just make two! You've got lots of works in process at the same time. I look forward to seeing them.

Happy Valley Quilter said...

OOOhhhhh...love your selection of prints. What a beautiful variety!

Cynthia said...

love all those fabrics you've shown. They're not something i would think to buy but it's nice to work out of your comfort zone sometimes.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I don't think that quilt will be speaking plain-I think that quilt will be speaking colourfully! Cheers, tracey

Marisa said...

Amy, where did that taupe fabric with the birds come from? I love it! What awesome taste you have. Great blog!