Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lancaster Quilt Show

Hmmm how to show the quilts, do I start with my favorite? Do I show all of the close ups? Do I start with quilts that I liked, but that did not win any ribbons? Do I start with the winners? Do I start with the Miniatures?

Maybe I'll just start with what is first in my flickr file...

Mother Earth & Her Children "Best in Show" Mother Earth & Her Children by: Sieglinde Schoen Smith
dandylion I love that dandylion!

Cat in the Rust - Tex Wind Cat in the Rust - Tex Wind by: Lois Jarvis

Colorplay III Colorplay III by: Anne Lullie

Mon pays c'est l'hiver Mon pays c'est l'hiver by: Marie Karickhoff

Starlicious Starlicious by: Sandy McMillan (2nd place pieced traditional) I think the stars are about 4 inches square...

Midnight in the Garden of hearts and flowers Midnight in the Garden of Hearts and Flowers by: Judith Roush Knorr
Midnight in the Garden of hearts and flowers close up (this is the gray bit above the above the chain - left middle bottom of the quilt)

Sweet treats Sweet Treats by: Denise M. Lareau (Honorable Mention - Team or Group)

Charm Medallion Charm Medallion by: Eunice Palffy-Muhoray (What to do with that hexagon charm quilt that you started, but may never finish as a hexagon charm quilt...)

The Congregation The Congragation by: Marlene Brown Woodfield (I don't know why exactly, but I am drawn to beachy bird quilts...)

Sunday in the Park with Mittens Sunday in the Park with Mittens by: Nancy S. Brown. Ms. Brown is apparently one of my favorite quilters... Wanted and The Ususal Suspects were both made by her as well....

12 comments:

cher said...

great photos and great notes Amy-nice to catch up with your blog!

Cynthia said...

thanks for sharing the photos. I especially like the one with the seagulls.

Ruth's Place said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful quilts, the first one is just amazing! and I really like the cat in rust too.

Allison Ann Aller said...

Thanks so much for the pics. That Charm Medallion quilt is really cool!

I believe the Mother Earth's Children took Best in Show at Houston this year as well. Your detail shot gives us a better idea why...too great!

Judy said...

Thanks for the quilt show pics. It never ceases to amaze me how creative some people are. Awesome!!

Shelina said...

Thanks for sharing the photos, I just love to go to quilt shows where I don't get tired feet! That Mother Earth one is very elaborate - was it painted, or is it all fabric. I especially liked the seagulls too. And I too, don't know why. Maybe because they represent water and beach.

Kay said...

Great post! I'm always so impressed by people who can post the pictures and the name of the quilter. I can't quite be that organized. Glad to see Mother Earth's Children again.

Jeanne said...

I'm curious about technique for Mother Earth also. It would even be difficult to paint, much less interpret in fabric! It's just awesome!
Jeanne

Carol said...

Oh my gosh, I love 'Cat in the Rust', but how can I pick out of all those beautiful quilts. Amazing. You must have been in awe when seeing them up close.

meggie said...

Thank you so much for letting us all share the quilts.
I loved the Mother Earth quilt...but noticed all the children were one colour? It is a wonderful work of art, but that just stood out to me.
Also love the cat in Rust-Tex.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I just love 'Sunday In The Park', especially the cat strethed out above all the dogs on the tree branch! It's great; all the quilts are, thanks for sharing them with us.

mamaspark said...

Mother earth and her children is an amazing quilt! I read about it in a magazine. It was the very first quilt that woman had made. Isn't that amazing? I would love to have seen it in person!