Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Interview Game

DebR is interviewing me.

1. You've been told that you must leave the country and live abroad for exactly one year, but you have your choice of any other country in the world to live in during that time. Where would you go for a year and why?
Australia! I have been there for only a very short amount of time - there is soooo much more to see and do! I would love to drive around the Continent, stopping here an there as I please...
2. You'll be going on your first cruise in a few months. What are you most looking forward to about that trip?
EVERYTHING - I like that all of the meals & entertainment are included... I like the idea that the food will be "other than my ordinary fare & not Pizza - why I buy "out" most often. I love that I will be visiting several places that are BRAND new to me. I am excited that I will get to try rock climbing, yoga, & pilates.
3. When I say "relaxing" what's the first thing you think of?
I am a big couch potato... Just laying there with the boob tube on with a cat or two napping on me is pure relaxation!
4. When and how did you first get into quilting?
I first got into quilting right around 2000. I dove in feet first without a lesson or how to book. I saw (did not buy or read, just saw) a charm quilt book in Michael's and a set of acrylic charms. Not to far from that was a starter rotary cutting set... I was off! (I am lucky that my fingers are not also off - I nicked the heck out of them for a while!) Where did I first buy my fabric? Wal-Mart & JoAnnes... JoAnnes had a Art Nuveau Hanukkah print - I fussy cut all of the stars... I even had a roll of paper towels that were "quilted" with hexagons - I had a PLAN! Those stars had an exact placement...
No, I never finished it. No, I do not still have it. Yes, I did give it away - to someone who hopefully did something with it.
5. Imagine there was a fire in your house. You, your husband, and the cats are all safe and your basics (like furniture and so on) are all covered by plenty of insurance. You have just enough time to grab and save three things that insurance can't replace. What are they?
The quilt that my great grandmother made, the wedding canopy that I made, & my cat fabric stash - several hundred yards worth - that isn't too much is it?

This is a meme...
Here are the rules to keep it going.
If you want to play the Interview Game, here’s what you do:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (Many of you do not have your e-mails linked to your responses - hence my not replying to your comments - if you fit that category, leave your e-mail too.)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. (I have been thinking long and hard on my questions.)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. (Let me know when you do.)
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

The rainbow text is optional...

2 comments:

Deb R said...

Thanks for playing, Amy! I loved reading your answers.

mamaspark said...

HI, I say " Interview me!!" This sounds like fun and a good way to get to know new people.

mamaspark@gmail.com