Thursday, April 26, 2007

EDITED Doll Quilt Swap = the dirty secret....

SO I signed up for a swap & understood the directions completely... Heck, I ran home and made 3 doll quilt tops... (& I could have swore that they were all big enough.) I then set them aside...
Last night as I started to make my tops into bonafide quilts, I decided to measure them again... Not a one of them is big enough!

EDIT: I did not check the size until after I birthed the quilts... (I may be the only quilter who can not figure out how to end the binding - I usually pay my longarmers to attach my binding.) So even if I had enough of the "right" fabric (all of these are very matchy-matchy) I unfortunately can not add a border - good idea though!

I am NOW (originally typed as "not" - definately a different meaning there, huh?) going back to plan "A" - my signature look...

A cat charm, quilt - if any problems arise, I can always cut more charms! Too bad I did not cut my cat charms last night, instead of the I-Spy charms... I have to mail the doll quilt on Monday... IEEEE.

Have I mentioned school lately? Well I had 1 final & the next one is on May 8th & I am so nervous about it that I can not bear to think about it. I am frozen by the fear...

13 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

Bummer about the swap quilts! Good thing you have a back up plan. I'm sure that you will be fine in your final exam - try to break the study down into small chunks over a long period, rather than cramming it all in the night before.

Screen Door said...

Good luck on the finals. My kid is done May4th.

Rose said...

Good luck for the finals.....thoughts r with u!!! u will do sooooo well!!!

Jeanne said...

Maybe just add a bit of border?

Will keep you in my thoughts as you coast through your final!!

Jeanne :)

swooze said...

What are you studying! Good luck! Are you going to salvage those doll quilts? How much were they off by? You know we still want to see pictures.

McIrish Annie said...

that is the Dandylion in you that I sewww admire! But we dandylions can think fast on our feet. I know you'll get it done!!

and good luck on your finals!!

Laurie Ann said...

Good luck on your tests!!!

Can't you add an additional border to make the doll quilts big enough?

Rian said...

Oh dear. Maybe you can just add some borders. Good luck with the finals.

Libby said...

Man I hate when something like that happens. Sounds like you are willing to roll with it - the best plan *s*

Fiona said...

Just send the smaller one and say it's your signature size! Only kidding (well, half-kidding, what's a few inches here and there) you can whip up a new one in cat charms in no time - it'll take your mind off finals.

Andi said...

I had a great teacher for bindings...if we ever meet up, I'll give you a lesson! Definitely something you need a visual for.

Shelina said...

Never give up. I think if you made a quilt too small, and it is already done, you can attach a lace or some other kind of frilly stuff, ruffle, maybe prairie points. Whatever it takes to get it the right size.

Lisa K. said...

Don't sweat it, Doll!

Lisa K., Doll Quilt Swap Mama, here.

I only posted qize recommendations so swappers wouldn't slave over lap-sized quilts or receive postcard-sized ones. Close enough is close enough, I'd say. I'm sure your swapper will love the quilt you choose to send.

I like the comment about your "signature size." Maybe it's like fine French dining. Too rich for larger portions...