Tuesday, March 06, 2007

wrap-up

I'm so glad that so many of you enjoyed my quilt show photos. This space is like my scrap book, so while I may have posted far too many... This is where I can return to view them again...

I have a great photo in my camera, but the last bit of battery was used to take the photo so I can not down load it... & to think I took the package of batteries out of my bag just YESTERDAY!

I also have some snow photos, when we got back from Hampton, VA. we were greeted by snow... I was so not expecting to see snow on Maryland's eastern shore... I always think of that area as "beachy." Luckily we only had to drive in the "after the storm" scenario, so it wasn't bad... :o)

Oh and we got to drive on/in a "modern marvel" the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel - a 20 mile low lying bridge with two 1 mile long tunnels - that was pretty cool... This happened becasue we had dinner reservations at a swanky restaurant in St. Michaels, Maryland, otherwise we go down I-95 and return the same way we came when we go to the Hampton Roads area in Virginia. Because of our dinner plans, we neded up going in a circle this time...

Last night, my design wall from Nancy's Notions came in... it is still in the box... I am a little scared of the prospect... I have "never" used a design wall before...

9 comments:

Libby said...

A design wall - you're like a real, grown-up quilter now.

Rian said...

Fear not, you will love the design wall. Thanks for the quilt show.

McIrish Annie said...

YOu will love the design wall. it gives you a whole new perspective on your quilt.

paula, the quilter said...

I'll concur: you will love a design wall. Mine has layers at times because I go off on tangents and cover up what I'm working on with something else. Since mine is made from two 4x8' insulation boards I have a lot of space. I also pin up inspiration pieces torn from mags.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'm honestly not sure that I could be without my design wall. I think of it like a microwave, remembering when I could "do just fine" without one... now, woe to anyone who tries to take it away...
You'll LOVE having a design wall, I promise!

sophie said...

I agree. You will love-love-love your design wall and soon wonder how you ever made quilts without one.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You completely crack me up... you will love your design wall; if you don't I'll STOP using MY microwave, how's that? Ha!

Kay said...

I don't see how I got along without a design wall, and you'll like it too. Thanks for the quilt show photos. They're great. The one I went to last weekend was rather uninteresting, but I love these. Like the cows especially. Like you, I like quilts with words on them.

Mary said...

Was that your first trip over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tunnel? We traveled over it frequently when I was growing up and I always thought it was pretty cool.