Wednesday, March 21, 2007

What's for dinner?

LEFTOVERS!
flannel scraps Here is another oldie but goodie! (It was actually 1 of 2, but I sent number 1 to my cousin when she had a baby - without taking a photo...)
flannel scraps back Here is a glimpse of the back, love that Laurel Burch - it is on the back of another quilt of mine - one that I need to pull out and photogrpah....
1 rag back One of the sources of the fabrics for the leftovers quilt...
1 rag front The front - also a source...
Another source was the twin quilt that my GF made - she gave hers away as a graduation gift. And a quilt that I gave to charity.

You see, onceupon a time ago, I did not want to start a collection of flannel scraps, so I made the baby quilts witht he scraps... (I gave up on that idea... I love flannel on the back of quilts!)

I hope you enjoy the leftovers...
Passover is upon us & Michael & I will be eating a lot of leftovers... They are a natural by product of cooking a shoulder roast, a brisket, a chicken, and a turkey breast (on different days) for two people...

11 comments:

Juliann said...

I love flannel on the back of quilts too. And corduroy is a fun thing to use as a backing.

quiltpixie said...

may you enjoy the leftovers, and the "extra" time you have from preparing ahead...

Jeanne said...

Your leftovers quilt looks bright and happy. I love leftover meals, too, as there is more time to sew.

Libby said...

Often leftovers are even tastier than the original meal -- I think that could be true for quilting, too.

Gail said...

The quilts are such bright fun. Happy Passover.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

great quilts-left over or not...smile

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Leftovers are a staple at our house. Lovely quilts.

Happy Valley Quilter said...

Fun quilts, thanks for sharing.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Amy I love the bright flannel quilt - I always favour flannel over regular cotton for the backs of my quilts. So much cosier I think.

Shelina said...

I think a lot of times leftover projects can turn out to be more beautiful than the original project. And they feel like they are free, since they are leftovers. I haven't made any quilts with flannel, because I don't want to start a new collection, but am getting awfully tempted to use them for backs.

Ruth's Place said...

Love the quilts! and the backing. There's nothing like leftovers. Enjoy.