Monday, March 26, 2007

Up Town Drag nabit, I was supposed to click save not publish...

Up Town is a quilt top! (I am about to "rippit" on 1 part...) I forgot to take a picture of the top, but I will before I "fix it."

This is so unlike me... But then again, I should have did what I first planned, instead of switching gears mid-stream...

Oh and my tertiary idea - of sashing them with muslin, probably would have been better too - there are no resting spots...

One of my second thoughts was to mention that I finally broke down and set up my sewing machine on the TV table so I can sew and watch TV...

& I started to cut out the fabrics for my zipper quilt! (I even sewed two together to see how it works...) I did the math & I need about 1 more yard for the twin size quilt - I hope to find two nice solid half yards. (I think I have some of all of the fabrics from the line - minus the border print...)

I finally found a copy of the Kaffe Fasset book that MayBritt used to make this quilt... & I Played with my fabrics working on finding light, medium, and dark trios... (I am so crappy at value... I need to figure out the B&W setting on my camera - I hear that helps!) The book was in the library - I hung out at the library during the lunch break for the court. I have two ideas for coloration... green & blue cubes with red triangles or scrappy cubes with black triangles - or one of each!

Michael & I did more shopping for Passover... I hope all I have left to buy is meat and produce!

I have training for the next three days, not sure how that will impact my PC access...

5 comments:

Karen said...

OMG, Amy, I cannot WAIT to see the Uptown quilt top.

Carole said...

I don't know how you can sew on your machine and watch TV. The only thing I can do while watching TV is hand sew (applique, binding, hand quilting). I have wireless speakers in my sewing room and hook up my laptop to listen to either podcast or music and if it's a good tune, gotta stop to dance! lol Looking forward to seeing your Uptown quilt! Keep well and happy quilting!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Looking forward to Uptown's unveiling...I simply can't watch TV and sew; I get totally distracted and can't stay on task if the TV's on. I listen to music while sewing, it helps with my productivity. It only took me thirty years to realize this about myself, too.

quiltpixie said...

looking forward to the photos... and even if 2nd and 3rd thoughts are you'd do things differently, it is a quilt top!.... :-) hope training goes OK

May Britt said...

I look forward to see your choice of making the cubes. It's fun playing with them.