Thursday, March 15, 2007

Up Town (updated)

Well last night, instead of logging off, I just locked my PC - so my shopping list for Up Town was waiting for me...

Yesterday on Flickr, I saw a Turning Twenty (Similar in concept to Yellow Brick road) that was made out of 1 line of fabric, so I get jazzed again to BUY BUY BUY more uptown fabric...

But then I saw (in the background) a simple just squares quilt (It was even tied - it was that simple) where all of the squares had a very similar tone and feel (AKA Matchy matchy - 1 line of fabric) to them. So I thought, my 6 fat quarters are all "Aqua" (I have been studying the heck out of the color card) so they too have a similar tone/feel to each other...

So maybe I should take Shelina's advice & just make something small... I don't "NEED" to buy anymore fabric... If I did not also find some on sale new to me kitty prints, I could easily Kibosh (Thanks AntiM for the new word - I had heard it before but never used it...) the whole order...

So why am I haveing such a hard time deleting the Up Town fabrics? I can justify the heck out of more cat prints... Someone who already has about 700 cat prints, really truely does need more! Meow!

Note: Yesterday's Matchy Matchy comments was not about the quilt matching my home, rather all of the fabrics with in it mathing themselves perfectly - you see I am a scrap quilter... (Take a look at the Jacob's Ladder that I posted a few day ago, if you don't believe me...)

And while, my Trip Around the World, Trip Around the World quiltdoes match my furniture and wall color - that is purely coincidental & my desire to have a neutral furniture wall scape...

Well, color me silly - I just remembered that I am dealing with Moda - the people who brought me the charm squares that I love so much... I can get a set of charms for a lot less that my more limited selection of 1/2 yards... (I had a little bit of trepidation about mixing 1/2 yards with fat quarters - will they be balanced? - But I was ready to dive in head first yesterday regarding that tiny tid bit) So I have put the Kibosh on most of the Uptown fabric. The current plan is to get the charm pack, sew them together as a bunch of squares & use my fat quarters for the backing... Oh and at 1/2 price, I am so getting those kitty prints!

2 comments:

quiltpixie said...

sounds like you've come across a plan that will let you play without breaking the bank :-)

Marin said...

My words are your words, Darlin'