Thursday, March 29, 2007

Up to (not to be confused with up town)

I am having serious issues with "redoing" the Up Town quilt. It goes against my "Done is better than perfect" attitude in a very strong way! But I will persevere - maybe tonight?
 
In the mean time, I have been cutting for my Zipper quilt! I hope it "works." By virtue of using one line of fabric, you usually get a good amount of value differences... This line Marcus Brothers Metro Blue is mostly medium... I hope the over all effect is not a big blob!


Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

5 comments:

swooze said...

Do you have a link to this pattern? I am curious now...

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

You are one of the most prolific quilters I know!

Can't wait to see a zipper quilt.

Shelina said...

You could try photocopying the fabric in black and white or taking a black and white photo to see the value. You can also try looking at it from a distance, or using some red plastic.

Meredith said...

You can also add fabric if it is all too medium or ends up looking too coordinated. I wonder what the uptown quilt looks like I did look on your blog but I did not see it. The zipped quilt sounds like a neat idea.

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

I like that fabric too. Quite modern in colour, but retro in feel (if that makes any sense)