Friday, March 09, 2007

Thinking (updated - another thought!)

A couple of bloggers have me thinking (dangerous thing)... and since I have been ruminating for a few days, I am not going to name names or hyperlink...

1. How do you start your day? One of us starts by viewing webshots - Oh, that reminds me... I was in shock when I introduced someone who I thought "knew it all" to webshots :O)! (After work e-mails & first things) I start with my e-mail, my blog roll & then flickr... I check on webshots in the afternoon - if it is a slow day...

2. Blog stats... I have one of those things... I don't really look at it anymore. In my blogging infancy, I checked it regularly - becasue I did not get a lot of comments and wondered if I was typing to myself... But I just noticed that I lost a bloglines subscriber... What does that mean?

3. Thankfully before "Day Light Savings Time" (I officially do not care for the switch - either way.) I am meeting my GF in the morning and we are going to a local quilt show in Bowie, Md. I have only been through Bowie on the highway, so this will be all kinds of new to me! Not sure about photos on that one, local shows are iffy for me, I have been to some where I am clicking away like at a national show, others - including my own guild, when I belonged, I still go to their show - not so much...

4. Need to get a roast to crock pot away while we are show hopping...

5. All of you who are anxious to see how my "once upone a time ago" projects turn out are too funny! Lets just say that is it a good thing that I don't have to worry about them growing moldy...

6. I am delivering the children's quilt to the NIH Children's Inn - one from Deb G. arrived yesterday... (Part of the quilt studio charity project.)

7. Comments - I am not making so many comments - if I can read and see the pictures on bloglines, then I am less likely to go to the blog and comment - couple of reasons/excuses... A. typepad hates me... B. those jumbles of letters (I know I have them & I know they actually filter out the cr@p - but I have the hardest time typing them - there is a gap between my brain knowing how ot spell and my fingers actually spelling it corerectly - when you add in gobledygook - it just goes to heck in a hand basket! Especially with "g" and "q" - I can so rationalize the "q" into a "g" and vice versa... C. the time... My computer is rather slow and sometimes it just takes too long to upload a blog - especially when the text and photos are on bloglines... D. The time, my breaks are not as long as I like to pretend they are... Sure my job is hurry up and wait, but I am hurrying through the work because I am useing the time on blogs...

19 comments:

Shelina said...

Amy, when you say you check webshots and flickr, does that mean you are looking to see what photos other people have uploaded?

I think if you are no longer on someone's bloglines list, it either means they cut down the number of blogs they checked, or they are using some other service - there are several, and they took off everybody from bloglines.

martha said...

Hi Amy
mail, coffee and blogs....I love the taupes you got--green with taupe envy:)

Beth said...

How do I start my day? Well, currently, I make coffee, watch GMA on ABC, and wait for the Amazing Jo Jo to get here for me to keep. After a while, I check email, my bank account, and go through my links list on the blog.
Fairly boring, right?

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hi Amy! I hear you about not leaving comments - bloglines makes it so quick and easy to just preview - 1/2 the time Blogger won't accept my comments anyway and I find that extremely frustrating after I type everything out... grrr! Hey - we all know we all are reading - even if we aren't commenting all the time! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful quilt show photos - with an almost 4 year old - quilt shows are not a possibility right now, but I sure do enjoy virtual shows!!!

My morning? Almost 1st thing is to call my DH who is in a time zone 6 hours later than me (with my cup of coffee) - so morning my time is the best time to catch him because if I wait too long and they day gets ahead of me - the next time I sit down he is sleeping!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Shelina said...

Hey, my comment is there! I was thinking my keyboard malfunction had started before I was able to get anything done. Cool that it didn't.

I originally had bloglines not show my whole post, but I thought that was mean, and changed it so you could. Hmm, maybe I should change it back! Just kidding. I understand the time thing, and I would rather that you at least visit, and answer questions if I have any, then not have time to visit at all.

jpquilter said...

I start my day with coffee and reading a bit of whatever non-fiction book I am working on, then move to coffee and email/blogs, then to coffee and newspaper! And I am with you on those letter codes. I don't have them on my blog anymore if you want to visit :)

Kay said...

I'd missed your comments, but I understand. About the letter things--I find myself automatically trying to make them into a word in my mind. Rather funny sometimes. The current one is pronounced "if giz". I wonder if anyone else does that?

Rian said...

I open up my laptop before I get out of bed: first email, then bloglines.

Anonymous said...

If you are admitting that you don't want to comment on anyone else's blog, maybe you should take down the "kill ya to comment" banner. I thought it was pretty rude before. Now it's really classless.

paula, the quilter said...

My day starts in the dark. Coffee first & I take it out onto the deck for a breath of fresh air (no matter what the weather). Then usually email. Of course with more coffee. CarGuy doesn't usually get up for 2-3 more hours than I do. I'm a product of early rising from waaaay back. The gobble-d-gook doesn't bother me: I usually try to make a mnemonic out of it.

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Amy - I visit regularly but I don't always leave a comment. I just cruise by to see what you're up to.

BTW, typepad doesn't like me much either - my computer locks up everytime I try to leave a comment. On occasion it's agreeabe but lately it's been driving me crazy.

floribunda said...

I for one think the "kill ya to comment" sign is cute, and I don't think it means you have to comment on everything!

Ms. Jan said...

Make coffe, feed dogs, check email, sew, exercise. Except on Thursdays and Saturdays. Blogs in the afternoon after nap. That's my schedule and I'm stiking to it. Thanks for the show pictures!

Libby said...

A quick trip outside with Harper, then coffee, email and blogs . . . the breakfast of champions *s*

Sweet P said...

I'm the first one up in my house. During the week the first thing I do is check email and then make breakfast for DH and I (blog reading isn't done untilt the evening).

On the weekends I read emails and blogs. Then I make coffee and by 8 am I'm in my sewing room until DG gets up.

I love your cat pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Holly said...

Alas, Amy, a shower, coffee and off to work. I log in on weekdays in the afternoons. Weekends is when I spend most of my time reading, catching up and commenting. You're not the only one that has problems with the jumbled letters. BLoglines? I'm technologically challenged. I only just switched to the new version of blogger! lol

Morah said...

Ok, call me dumb but it never occured to me to puruse webshots for the fun of it! I usually only look when I have somethng specific in mind.....

Barb said...

Now I never expected to know everything, lol. Really cool to get tips from one another.

susan said...

Caught you thinking! I read this post last week on Bloglines (like you) and have been thinking about it ever since. I had one of those blog stats thing at first, but found that I became obsessed with the numbers...

I like Bloglines too, just a quick look at what everyone is doing, but it really takes away from the person-to-person contact (well, virtual contact, I guess). I also note that I get much fewer comments now, so I guess everyone is reading blogs this way.

Anyway, here is a personal comment to let you know I am reading your blog and love your quilt pictures and your thoughts!