Sunday, March 18, 2007

pre-sewing...

Yesterday, I took a lot of picture of my quilts - so that I could have almost everything in Flickr... So I am going to be sharing - some you may have seen before, so bear with me...

washing bowl & Trip around the world My second of 3 (so far) Trip Around the World quilts. (Yes, it is hung crooked, no it doesn't bother me.) I did this one and my first one the old fashioned way - with stacks of squares. My third one used the strip piecing method.

I plan to once again try to work on my Buggy Barn cats quilt - I was so close to working on the project that Nancy (Something about great minds...) chose, but I want to sew - not cut then sew... CR@P - I forgot my rotary cutting stuff... You need them to do Buggy Barn stuff... UGH! (Good thing I brought my EPP project too...)

4 comments:

Shelina said...

It is a good thing when you don't feel like cutting, or don't have the proper implements out. Times like those are meant for finishing up old projects.

Libby said...

EPP can always save the day.

Rian said...

Hmmm. Love the colors in your TATW quilt. A crooked quilt wouldn't bother me, either. But my DH would straighten it up with a carpenter's level.

Fiona said...

I hate cutting, it's the worst part of quiltmaking, even with a rotary cutter. I reckon that with me the ratio of time spent cutting to time spent sewing is about 10:1 (maybe I'm just not very good at cutting).